PDA

View Full Version : How many of have ID theft protection?

The Driver
08-22-2015, 12:29 PM
How many of have ID theft protection? In this day an age with everything digital I feel it`s more important then ever. Which do you have an if so, what service and basic fee are ya guys paying?

I picked up Equifax an I`m paying retention rate of 8.50 a month. It`s pretty good bang for the buck, Imo and it has saved me once.

Pats300zx
08-22-2015, 12:34 PM
After the OPM data breach we were all offered it from Uncle Sam. My doctor told me that he uses Lifelock and it recently saved him from a serious case of identity theft.

JSFM35X
08-22-2015, 12:43 PM
My identity was stolen earlier in 2015. It was not fun and I had a lot of issues to clear up.

After meeting with the NYS Attorney Generals office I was told that this is more common that you think. Someone legally changed my address to Florida, filed a fake NYS tax return and had my refund check sent to Jupiter Florida. They had a FLA drivers license and other documents to pull it off.

What a mess. I now have a Pin number for all government filings.

Ronkh
08-22-2015, 01:12 PM
Wow.

I probably should. On my 3rd debit card, and 2 amex changes this year

ShawnF350
08-22-2015, 04:52 PM
I`m due for getting protected. Multiple Cc and MAc cards replaced by my bank. Wife just had a $149 charge from Deez performance that she caught before the order went out. I don`t look at my bank statements daily.

Do they do all the footwork when your identity is compromised?

trashmanssd
08-22-2015, 05:12 PM
my wife and I have our credit frozen with the 4 major credit reporting companies. so our credit can not be pulled unless we unlock it for a given time or to a specific creditor. My wife watches our credit cards and bank account like a hawk for fraudulent charges, I tell her anytime I charge something. We also dont use debit cards or atms, we remove a certain amount cash for 2-3 weeks and then go get more at the bank from a teller when we need it. Old school but it works, I dont find managing my cash for the week that hard to do .

bigfish528
08-22-2015, 05:56 PM
After the OPM breach they offered 18 months with CSID so I signed up and since I work for the government and seeing countless ID theft situations I would suggest everybody have some sort of protection as this is becoming more and more frequent. There is no 100% guarantee that with any type of monitoring you won`t be a victim but best to lesson the chance.

JHL88
08-22-2015, 05:58 PM
My parents and I have life-lock