PDA

View Full Version : GRRR Arghhhhhh! Still can`t get "Go to new post button to work...

hook
05-12-2006, 09:20 AM
As I posted in a different forum (my bad) I can`t get the "go to new post" button to work. But it does accurately show me what threads have new posts since I last visited.

I`m logged in.

Browser set accept cookies.

I put DC as a trusted site in IE.

Other forums using this BB software work properly.

HELP! What am I doing wrong? It`s *REALLY* frustrating coming back and having to scroll and find the end of a thread where I left off reading.

It works if I don`t leave the site or close the browser. It works (seldomly) at times even if I do leave the site or close the browser (only certain areas).

I`m a computer guy. And I`m still stumped.

Help me, please, DCers!

Andrew

The Chee
05-12-2006, 09:34 AM
1st question...Are you using Norton AV?

pogo123
05-12-2006, 10:51 AM
If you mean the "view first unread" button, then I`m having the same problem in Firefox, but it only happens sometimes. Sometimes it will take me to the last post and other times it will start back at post number one. I`ve even tried refreshing the page every time I read the last post but that doesn`t help. It only happens with certain threads, not all of them, but it gets pretty annoying. I know that doesn`t help you out any but I just wanted to let you know that you`re not alone. I have no idea why it does that, or how to solve it!

hook
05-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Hmm, yes, I *am* using Norton.....do I need to add it to something in there, perhaps?

But why wouldn`t I have had to do that for other forums that use this BB software and work?

Andrew

The Fuzz
05-12-2006, 01:44 PM
But why wouldn`t I have had to do that for other forums that use this BB software and work?

Have you verified that they are all using vBulletin Version 3.5.4?

MrRogue
05-12-2006, 05:35 PM
That is strange, it still sounds like a cookie problem, but it seems like you covered that already. I just checked and it seems like mine works. Have you tried firefox to see if it works on that.

Otherwise, it might just be a bug with your version of IE. But then I don`t know why pogo would have problems sometimes. I`m into computers as well, could be your norton thinking its full of viruses (not likely) or cookies (but cookies shouldn`t block site from opening) Is it trying to open in a new window, and a pop up blocker is on? Try disabling norton quick too see if that changed anything.

AhsGrad1973
05-12-2006, 05:43 PM
One thing you could try, is to delete your cache. When it get too full, it will prevent IE from doing some tasks on web sites.

hook
05-16-2006, 07:54 AM
One thing you could try, is to delete your cache. When it get too full, it will prevent IE from doing some tasks on web sites.

That did it, thanks folks!

Andrew

Tex Star Detail
05-16-2006, 08:22 AM
That is strange, it still sounds like a cookie problem, but it seems like you covered that already. I just checked and it seems like mine works. Have you tried firefox to see if it works on that.

Otherwise, it might just be a bug with your version of IE. But then I don`t know why pogo would have problems sometimes. I`m into computers as well, could be your norton thinking its full of viruses (not likely) or cookies (but cookies shouldn`t block site from opening) Is it trying to open in a new window, and a pop up blocker is on? Try disabling norton quick too see if that changed anything.

Yea...I had problems with IE not being able to do things on DC, such as use smilies ans such. Firefox fixed all my problems.