PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Rotary in the US?

Onassis91
08-16-2015, 11:32 PM
Does anyone know if Rupes has any plans to introduce a 120V rotary machine, such as the LH 18ENS to the N.A. market? I don`t think there would be a shortage of buyers...

Jake

Todd@RUPES
08-17-2015, 06:28 PM
Hi Jake, there are no plans to introduce a rotary to North America at the moment. RUPES was the first to use a double gear reduction rotary polisher, which is the key to having a low RPM, cool running, lightweight, torquey machine. Since we introduced that technology in Europe, several other brands have launched rotaries which are comparable and are quite good as well.

We feel that some improvements can be made in both the electronics and the efficiency of the system which should result in a tool that is superior to anything on the market. In other words, our engineers are working hard at improving a design we pioneered. There is absolutely no plans at the moment, but stay patient and stay tuned. You never know.... :)

jrock645
08-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Oh great... Like I need another excuse to buy another machine. My Flex is far more machine than I need, but when it`s well made and cool, then it`s must have. Looking forward to seeing what Rupes has in mind.

Onassis91
08-18-2015, 08:25 AM
Todd, thank you for the info!

Jake