PDA

View Full Version : Where can you find Four Star UPP

Pages : [1] 2

SmoothAsGlass
05-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Been using Four Star`s UPP for I don`t know how long and was getting ready to order another bottle from Autogeek, as I alway have before.

Found out, not a single Four Star product is carried anymore.

Then tried ProperAutocare.com, and not a single Four Star product.

Tried several other sites and had the same problem.

Finally came across the complete line on www.premiumautocare.com, but they only carry a few different brands.

Also, have noticed the forum now has it`s own store and it no longer linked to www.premiumautocare.com

I haven`t been gone from the site that long but did a couple of bad deals go down that cause a split up of everything? Looks like Dwayne sold Premiumautocare.com back to Four Star, but how come Four Star is no longer be sold here?

CharlesW
05-11-2006, 03:46 PM
You can get UPP from one of the sponsors, SMP, Specialty Motoring Products.
You can access their site here. http://www.specialtymotoring.com/index.html
You may need to contact them about buying UPP in other than a package deal.

The rest of the story is too long for me to get into.:)

Charles

This may be bad information on my part. You will probably need to call Scot. He may not have it anymore, either.

SmoothAsGlass
05-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Hmmmm, ok. Thanks for the reply. Guess I am kind of lost for words at this point because when I was on the forum last, I was trying to get feedback on what was the BEST product to use on my new Silver CRV and practically everyone suggested AIO + UPP.

So my question now is what is everyone using instead of UPP or are they all going to www.premiumautocare.com to buy it?

I checked out Specialty Motoring Products and they only seem to carry the Four Star Ultimate Twins.

My supply of UPP is really getting low so looking for some serious feedback on this.

You can get UPP from one of the sponsors, SMP, Specialty Motoring Products.
You can access their site here. http://www.specialtymotoring.com/index.html
You may need to contact them about buying UPP in other than a package deal.

The rest of the story is too long for me to get into.:)

Charles

AutopiaAdmin
05-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Four Star makes great products but we, as well as a few other online retailers, have decided to stop carrying the line. It is nothing personal and has nothing to do with product quality. As far as I know, they are still making quality products.

The specifics are confidential but I will say that I wish them the best and that I am happy to represent brands from companies that value a strong, long-term and mutually beneficial relationship with Detail City, Inc.

We are really impressed with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant these days and that is what I have been using. It is a competitor to UPP and can be found here: http://www.detailcity.com/wolfgang-d...t-sealant.html (http://www.detailcity.com/wolfgang-deep-gloss-paint-sealant.html)

Poorboy`s EX-P is also an excellent choice when it comes to an easy to use paint sealant and Meguiars #21 is one of my favorites as well.

Thanks for your question.

Dwayne

SmoothAsGlass
05-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Dwayne,

I sent you a private message, but thought I would respond here too as not sure which was easier for you to access.

Guess I am rather confused at this point...I know from all of the feedback I received before on this forum, nearly everyone recommended AIO + UPP.

I have heard of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant and Poorboy`s EX-P, but again, I remember asking over and over before, I want the absolute best, what should I go with and nearly all the feedback put UPP at the top of the list.

Maybe it is me, but seems like now I am either forced to take my business elsewhere to get the best products (always ordered through here before) or settle for "second class products".

Hope that makes sense and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Four Star makes great products but we, as well as a few other online retailers, have decided to stop carrying the line. It is nothing personal and has nothing to do with product quality. As far as I know, they are still making quality products.

The specifics are confidential but I will say that I wish them the best and that I am happy to represent brands from companies that value a strong, long-term and mutually beneficial relationship with Detail City, Inc.

We are really impressed with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant these days and that is what I have been using. It is a competitor to UPP and can be found here: http://www.detailcity.com/wolfgang-d...t-sealant.html (http://www.detailcity.com/wolfgang-deep-gloss-paint-sealant.html)

Poorboy`s EX-P is also an excellent choice when it comes to an easy to use paint sealant and Meguiars #21 is one of my favorites as well.

Thanks for your question.

Dwayne

AutopiaAdmin
05-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Dwayne,

I sent you a private message, but thought I would respond here too as not sure which was easier for you to access.

Guess I am rather confused at this point...I know from all of the feedback I received before on this forum, nearly everyone recommended AIO + UPP.

I have heard of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant and Poorboy`s EX-P, but again, I remember asking over and over before, I want the absolute best, what should I go with and nearly all the feedback put UPP at the top of the list.

Maybe it is me, but seems like now I am either forced to take my business elsewhere to get the best products (always ordered through here before) or settle for "second class products".

Hope that makes sense and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Scott,

OK OK, let`s just keep this conversation out here in public so we don`t have to keep posting it twice! LOL

Here is my most recent PM response to you:

Hi Scott,

If you really like UPP and insist on it, yes, you will have to get it from somewhere else since I do not carry it. There is no doubt that AIO and UPP was a highly recommended combo here at DC and it is a great combo, no doubt about it.

One thing to keep in mind, when it comes to products of this caliber, there may be no absolute best products. None of my current products are second class at all. In fact, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant is hands down my favorite sealant of all time. But is it the best? Well, it`s the best for me but you may like the look of UPP better. See what I`m saying?

What you will usually get from the forum members when you ask what the best is, is usually one of two types of answers.

1. There is no "best". Find something that you like and then use it often. (I stole that line from someone)

2. Or you will get alot of recomendations for the current "forum favorite". There for a while AIO and UPP was THE BEST around here. Is it still great? Absolutely! Are there other great products out there?

Absolutely!

Take care,

Dwayne

norahcrv
05-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Scott,

Add me to the camp of "there is no absolute best" product for everybody.

I`ve tried several different sealants on my `04 Mojave Mist CR-V, and I have to say that when I detail it this weekend for the summer, I`ll be using Poorboys EX-P again. It works for me because I feel that I can get 6 months protection out of it in our harsh summer sun. That`s it. Some others here prefer different brands, it doesn`t make ANY of them a "second class product"!!

Norah

JaredPointer
05-11-2006, 04:28 PM
...or settle for "second class products...

Wolfgang and Poorboy`s EX-P are definitely not second rate products. They are just as good as 4* UPP, although they do tend to have different qualities. I would venture to say that one of those three is not "the best" over the other.

Mikeyc
05-11-2006, 04:43 PM
I`m with everyone else on this one. Dwayne and all the other DC sponsors do not carry any products which could be termed "second rate."

IMO there is no "best" product only different products which yield different results. Depending on your personal preferences you make like one result better than another.

SmoothAsGlass
05-11-2006, 05:08 PM
I put "second rate" in quotes for a reason; not to imply they are worse products, but simply difference characteristics. Probably the same reason why almost all of the feedback before was much like, try both Poorboy`s EX-P and UPP, and bet you will end up seeing a difference with UPP.

Also, guess it goes along the lines of once you find a great product, you hate to pass it off and have to go with something else you are not familar with.

I`m with everyone else on this one. Dwayne and all the other DC sponsors do not carry any products which could be termed "second rate."

IMO there is no "best" product only different products which yield different results. Depending on your personal preferences you make like one result better than another.

AutopiaAdmin
05-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Also, guess it goes along the lines of once you find a great product, you hate to pass it off and have to go with something else you are not familar with.

As much as I want your continued business, I have to agree that if UPP worked so well for you on your car, it would be wise to continue using it. (That was the little angel on my right shoulder saying that. The little devil on my left shoulder is fuming mad right now but that`s too bad!)

Scott Preston at www.specialtymotoring.com (http://www.specialtymotoring.com) is a trusted Detail City sponsor. I would definately check with him first to see if he has UPP in stock.

Dwayne

CharlesW
05-11-2006, 06:17 PM
A reference to SMP was made in my earlier post, but after seeing Scott`s warehouse sale thread, I thought he might be phasing out the
4 Star products as well.
His clearance sale thread can be seen here.
http://www.detailcity.org/forums/specialtymotoring-com-sponsored-forum/17810-warehouse-spring-cleaning-sale.html#post179333
Like Dwayne said, give him a call.

Charles

SmoothAsGlass
05-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Dwayne,

Thanks for the suggestion. You will still definitely have my business on other products, but for now, I am really hooked on UPP.

As much as I want your continued business, I have to agree that if UPP worked so well for you on your car, it would be wise to continue using it. (That was the little angel on my right shoulder saying that. The little devil on my left shoulder is fuming mad right now but that`s too bad!)

Scott Preston at www.specialtymotoring.com (http://www.specialtymotoring.com) is a trusted Detail City sponsor. I would definately check with him first to see if he has UPP in stock.

Dwayne

Jngrbrdman
05-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I was hooked on UPP too. ...right up till the day I got my hands on a bottle of Wolfgang. I`ve still got UPP in my garage. I`ve got a few bottles of it in fact. They are right behind the Wolfgang ones. ;) I still bust it out and use it on certian colors that I have found I like it better on, but Wolfgang has replaced it on my own cars.

I still love the Four Star line. There are a few products they make that I am going to have to buy no matter who sells them or what the price goes up to. Their professional line of products is awesome. And the Four Star series in and of itself is nothing to sneeze at. I`ve never found a QD I liked better than Ultimate Gloss Enhancer. I bought the stuff by the gallon I liked it so much. I`ve never used a QD that added such a sparkle to my paint without being a spray sealant or wax. Very cool stuff.

Blinded
05-11-2006, 09:28 PM
I was hooked on UPP too. ...right up till the day I got my hands on a bottle of Wolfgang.

Same here. Wolfgang has complete kits, full color handbook, a more comprehensive product lineup and a more informative website.

Take a look!

http://www.wolfgangcarcare.com vs http://www.fourstarproducts.com

I tend to think that if Wolfgang pays more attention to all the details and the work that it takes to properly bring a product to the market with plenty of information to back them up, there might be a chance that there may be better products in the bottles too.