PDA

View Full Version : Shopping List Help: Pre-Wax Cleanser and Sealant

Pages : [1] 2

jeepngli
08-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Preface: you guys have been super helpful so far!!

In anticipation for my big NE Fall detail (the one where I basically tuck in and kiss the car goodnight for the winter), I`ve been making a shopping list. Got most of the stuff I need picked out thanks to you guys. I`ve PM`d some of you and you`ve been very honest and straightforward. Much appreciated. Still on the fence about which wax but thats another story.

In any case, after I clay, it seems best based on recommendations to Pre-wax Cleanse the paint. I have the time so I don`t mind doing it. After the cleanse, I plan to uses CG Blacklight and then a sealant and finally a wax(mostly for me to look at until it wears off). I think most people favor BlackFire Wet Diamond Sealant.

So my question: what`s your favorite Pre-wax cleanse(whatever you wanna call it) and favorite sealant? If you agree with Blackfire, let me know. Thanks!

Tried to upload a photo but having trouble

jeepngli
08-08-2015, 03:08 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28254&stc=1

There we go. Here`s a picture of the reflection from Black Light a few weeks ago. Super bright out so the picture got a little white-washed but you get the idea

JHL88
08-08-2015, 03:11 PM
I love Prima Amigo + HydroMax. Can`t beat it

jeepngli
08-08-2015, 04:01 PM
I wrote down amigo. Will look up some reviews on it. Thanks for the suggestion.

tropicsteve
08-08-2015, 09:19 PM
I`m still a blackfire fan... BLACKFIRE Wet-Ice Over Fire Combo (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-wet-ice-combo.html#.Vca4fS_bKpo)

Angus
08-08-2015, 10:18 PM
All great suggestions, I`d add P21S Gloss-enhancing Paintwork Cleanser in the mix for consideration. Super easy to use with excellent results.

jrock645
08-08-2015, 10:47 PM
Wolfgang deep gloss sealant is great. Granted, I haven`t tried that many. I top with 915 and my car looks great IMO

Bunky
08-09-2015, 05:15 AM
For cleaning the paint, I like Auto Finesse Tough Prep.

Pats300zx
08-09-2015, 05:38 AM
I like Pinnacle Paint Cleaning Lotion as a good paint cleaner. One of my favorite sealants is Blackfire. Very easy to use, great look, and decent durability.

jeepngli
08-09-2015, 06:01 AM
Again, seems like Blackfire is pretty popular. Think that`ll hold well with the car sitting in the garage all winter?

Setec Astronomy
08-09-2015, 08:16 AM
Again, seems like Blackfire is pretty popular. Think that`ll hold well with the car sitting in the garage all winter?

Huh? Anything is going to "hold well" sitting in the garage.

jeepngli
08-09-2015, 09:25 AM
I meant is that good choice for the long winter months. Get pretty cold and snowy up here. Even in the garage, I`ve found the sealants and waxes degrade over time. Some more than others.

Setec Astronomy
08-09-2015, 10:30 AM
I meant is that good choice for the long winter months. Get pretty cold and snowy up here. Even in the garage, I`ve found the sealants and waxes degrade over time. Some more than others.

I`ve never had anything degrade in the garage.

ShaneB
08-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Yeah if you`re just gonna park it all winter and not take it out, I wouldn`t be too concerned with durability. Heck an OTC wax will probably hold up all winter in that case. Also if you`re looking for durability, isn`t black light a glaze? You will want to apply your sealant over bare paint right after using the paint cleanser (whichever you choose).

jeepngli
08-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Yes, Blacklight is a hybrid glaze type. I may skip it so the sealant locks in to the paint better. So I agree completely. It`s nice for the summer when I want that extra pop but not needed for the winter.

That`s interesting you say it doesn`t degraded. Last year, I used a sealant then two coats of Lava. That was in end of October. By January, I was in the garage and I notice it wasn`t as smooth. By the spring it was definitely off. I have emailed multiple companies to see what they thought and they all agreed that even in the garage the products will eventually degrade after a few months, most even said a few weeks for the summer months with the heat. I would have called bs too if I hadn`t seen it. We had a pretty rough winter so that didn`t help.

While an otc would be fine, its kind of my therapy. Do one more good job on I before I put her away. You know what I mean? Plus its nice to go into the garage every once and awhile and see her shine. Total overkill, no doubt. But I got time so why not?