PDA

View Full Version : Educating The Neighbor

Beemerboy
05-11-2006, 10:56 AM
My next door neighbor brought a 03 Jaguar S or R type (not sure) black on black car this last weekend...I was amazed by how little the dealership did in cleaning this car...Anyway she and her daughter where out in the driveway on Sunday morning washing the car with dish soap...WRONG!!!!

I didn`t say anything because they where having fun cleaning the new ride and all....So the neighbor asked me to do a full detail on the car of which I plan on doing tomorrow (Friday) She wanted to get the leather conditioned and cleaned up....I plan on the education part at that time...One would think that living next door to me and seeing that I am in the driveway and garage every weekend cleaning someones car, would have asked about what to use for washing the car....Oh well just another detail and more cash for my wife`s Mothers Day Gift!

CalgaryDetail
05-11-2006, 01:12 PM
thats cool that your doing the detail but as to the dish soap if they think its right then there not going to ask. Untill i got into detailing I thought dish soap was the best way to go. I didnt bother asking becasue i thought i was right. It would be cool if you eductated them or had the girl out helping you so she could do it for her mom in the future :) but ya have fun with the detail

Beemerboy
05-11-2006, 01:38 PM
thats cool that your doing the detail but as to the dish soap if they think its right then there not going to ask. Untill i got into detailing I thought dish soap was the best way to go. I didnt bother asking becasue i thought i was right. It would be cool if you eductated them or had the girl out helping you so she could do it for her mom in the future :) but ya have fun with the detail

I just plan on giving them some PB car soap I have a gallon and then telling her to get some good waffle weave MF towels for drying the car....For the up keep and so forth...I`ll set her up on a program of sorts so that she can keep her car clean and I get the steady biz durning the year....she can afford it!!!

lonewolf0420
05-11-2006, 04:15 PM
probably because that`s what they told her that dealership. Now that I think about it I think they had told me if I wanted to wash it to do a brief wash with dish soap.

CalgaryDetail
05-11-2006, 07:03 PM
probably because that`s what they told her that dealership. Now that I think about it I think they had told me if I wanted to wash it to do a brief wash with dish soap.
Thats shocking at the dealership they told me not to and to use yhose hand was stations with the wand. It also says in my owners manual to wash atleast once a week and no dish soap

Maxima Lover
05-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Thats shocking at the dealership they told me not to and to use yhose hand was stations with the wand. It also says in my owners manual to wash atleast once a week and no dish soap

I`ve seen some manuals that say to use it. What are they thinking? Can you guys imagine if everyone stopped using dish soap on their cars? Dawn would probably go out of business. I don`t know how many times I`ve heard, "But it takes the dirt right off." :lmfao

Anyway, Beemerboy have fun on the detail and teach her the right way to wash a car. :bigups

mrecktid
05-12-2006, 01:20 AM
Just give her an 8oz of car soap, that`ll probably last her a year :)

Beemerboy
05-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Just give her an 8oz of car soap, that`ll probably last her a year :)

You don`t know how right you are about that she will wash her car about 4 times a year if it needs it or not:D

Maxima Lover
05-12-2006, 01:13 PM
You don`t know how right you are about that she will wash her car about 4 times a year if it needs it or not:D

Sounds like the perfect situation for a maintenance plan. Wouldn`t be to hard being it`s your neighbor.