PDA

View Full Version : Rinsless / waterless wash and WOWA or WOWO combo?

Pages : [1] 2

Tavish
07-16-2015, 04:33 PM
Looking for some help choosing a rinseless / waterless wash + WOWA or WOWO sealant combo that looks good on white (white diamond pearl honda). I live in an apartment, and don`t have access to a hose or outlet, so I will not be correcting or applying product with a polisher. I basically just want to keep it clean and protected and stay away from anything that may streak or be difficult to use. Since I don`t have much storage space I`d like to keep it to two products.
I have read many posts here and had a few products in mind - ONR, ONRWW, UWW+, D114 topped with BFCS, UPGP, OCW, AW, D156. I like the idea of UV protection, so I was leaning more toward UWW+ and ONRWW, but then could I top those with BFCS without issues? If you have any other recommendations, please let me know. Thanks!

Ronkh
07-16-2015, 04:43 PM
BFCS and Wolfgang are GREAT wowa sealants

pheerix
07-16-2015, 04:54 PM
My regimen is Opti-Clean waterless wash and ONRWW for rinseless. In either scenario I follow up with ONRWW at QD dilution mixed with OCW. Car comes out really nice and streak free.

tropicsteve
07-16-2015, 07:57 PM
Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/optimum-no-rinse-32oz.html#.VahSZC_bKpo)
Create WHIPLASH on paint, plastics, and metal! (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-crystal-seal.html#.VahSlS_bKpo)
BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Carnauba Spray Wax (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-midnight-sun-spray-wax.html#.VahS3S_bKpo)

Tavish
07-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the recommendations. ONRWW & OCW sounds like a good combo, but I was hoping BFCS would work well with ONRWW too since it claims longer protection. I used AW years ago and thought it was great, but was curious about the WOWA products that seem more advanced in protection & durability. I almost went with UWW+ and UPGP until I read some people didn`t like the updated water based formula.

conquistador
07-16-2015, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the recommendations. ONRWW & OCW sounds like a good combo, but I was hoping BFCS would work well with ONRWW too since it claims longer protection. I used AW years ago and thought it was great, but was curious about the WOWA products that seem more advanced in protection & durability. I almost went with UWW+ and UPGP until I read some people didn`t like the updated water based formula.

Not a fan of ONRWW. It seems to smear when drying. Which in turn means more towels and more touching of the paint. OCW also tends to streak easily on dark colors. Needless to say I no longer use either products. My suggestion for waterless/ rinseless is D114.

marinesoup
07-16-2015, 10:44 PM
I swear by UWW+. I have black metal flake paint I use it on and have never had a problem with smearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tavish
07-17-2015, 08:46 AM
It sounds like UWW+ and D114 are very good. I`m leaning more toward UWW+ since you can use it as a waterless wash/QD and it contains UV protection. Does anyone know if it would work well as a wash before applying BFCS?

marinesoup
07-17-2015, 08:50 AM
You`ll be fine using it before applying BFCS. I`m sure you`ll be impressed.
What are you using for your LSP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tavish
07-17-2015, 09:49 AM
BF Crystal Seal was going to be my last step.

Tavish
07-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Should I be topping the BFCS with D156, AW, Prima Hydro or BFMS spray in between applications, or just use more BFCS since it`s pretty easy to apply?

Pats300zx
07-20-2015, 10:16 AM
Should I be topping the BFCS with D156, AW, Prima Hydro or BFMS spray in between applications, or just use more BFCS since it`s pretty easy to apply?

I find myself using a spray wax topper just about every other wash or every third. You can`t go wrong with any of the products you mentioned. If you want to remove some minor water spotting etc then use the spray wax after the wash. BFCS is also so easy to use that you can do your entire car in like 10 minutes.

The good thing about detailing is that you have so many options :)

52split
07-20-2015, 12:00 PM
No hose or power...Infinite Use Detail Juice using the Garry Dean Wash Method. Pre-rinse panel with a spray bottle of IUDJ and then use 5-6 microfiber towels for the entire car that have been soaking in a bucket with 2-3 gallons of IUDJ. Use one side of towel per panel, when one towel is soiled set it aside (do not reintroduce to the clean bucket of wash solution) and finish the wash. Best rinseless wash solution that I have used, and that`s about 5 of them. Takes me a total of 45-50 minutes to wash my car to include body, windows, wheels, wheel wells, tires and all jambs.

Tavish
07-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the information. That method seems like the way to go. I already ordered some UWW+ concentrate, so maybe I`ll try IUDJ next.

I was going to get a 12-pack of CG Microfiber Towels, Gold 16 in. or El Gordo, Green - 16.5 in. for the rinseless wash, but am I better off spending more for The Rag Co. towels?

Accumulator
07-20-2015, 12:49 PM
No hose or power...Infinite Use Detail Juice using the Garry Dean Wash Method..

My thoughts exactly! Garry has LSPs too, including the oh-so-pricey Juice Boost (which can be added to the IUJD to eliminate the separate LSP step).