PDA

View Full Version : As the old saying goes, first time shame on...

The Driver
07-14-2015, 08:23 PM
Usually I`m known for doing reviews that are positive an a bit off the beaten path like lighting etc. Well the time has finally come where I`m actually pissed off about a product, seriously almost livid. So last year after being amazing by car-pro`s line up such as hydro2, I decided to switch from Gtechniq G1 to Flyby30. Well that was mistake number one, it faded out after 2 months leaving my windshield with this awful streaking/dull haze. I don`t know if it was because wipers where too abrasive (bosch icon) or they were too dirty (I do clean them), hell I even put reload on them. But in the end it left me with a mess and a sour taste. I was going to go back to Gtechniq at that point but having heard about forte, I decided to give it a shot.

My prep for all those who think, oh no your doing it wrong.... Apc wash w99 (50/50!), aggresive clay, Iso (70/30), Ceriglass w/rayeon pads via rotary, then full eraser wipe down. This lead to two coats of forte, leaving 1 hour gap between an done in a climate controlled garage. I even cooked the second coat with a heat gun then sunned it the next day in hot weather. I cleaned the wipers up an lined them with forte as well + reload. Well after all this, it`s been 3 weeks an winshield is sheeting like xxxx in mudslide. I love having driving confidence in the rain, todays downpour was nothing short of scary....

I will never use another glass coating by cpro again. I still love my cquk but Gtechniq will be getting my glass from now on. I never had to do half the prep with G1 or G5 to get it to work awesome.

Setec Astronomy
07-14-2015, 08:29 PM
Have you tried Opti-Glass? Application is really easy.

The Driver
07-14-2015, 08:35 PM
At this point Ill try anything, I think my 2 year old Dr beasleys glass wax will outlast this stuff. I just want something that lasts around 4-6 months, Gtechniq was the only one that really did. Hows the durability?

Setec Astronomy
07-14-2015, 08:38 PM
Durability...I can`t keep track (too many cars, too many products). I think it`s pretty good. I`d clean with straight IPA before application, rather than Eraser.

SYMAWD
07-14-2015, 08:52 PM
I really prefer Adam`s Quick Sealant for glass. It works better than Gtechniq G1, it just doesn`t last as long. However, it takes maybe 30 seconds to apply it to the windshield, so it`s ok that it`s less durable.

kevincwelch
07-14-2015, 10:00 PM
Give 22PLE VG1 a try. Super easy to apply, and it was my follow-up to G1, which after a year of still great quality water beading and sheeting, was causing my wipers to chatter quite a bit.

RaysWay
07-14-2015, 10:40 PM
Try Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating. I`ve had it on for months. It rained here again today (South Florida) and I have yet to use my wiper blades. Super easy to apply and a single bottle will last forever.

JSFM35X
07-14-2015, 11:23 PM
Call me next week. Come by and try the opti glass. I love it and have an open bottle. It works great amd outlasts G1/G2 and I love GTech products but the glass sealant really didn`t make it 6 months. The opti glass is over a year.

At this point Ill try anything, I think my 2 year old Dr beasleys glass wax will outlast this stuff. I just want something that lasts around 4-6 months, Gtechniq was the only one that really did. Hows the durability?

The Driver
07-15-2015, 08:58 AM
Definitely, I`ll be in CT all week but if your not doing anything this weekend or next let me know. I think I just have a 2 stepper on an Interlagos M3 but that`s about it. We still got to do some rotary sessions (Plus I found the bucket handle and regular handle;) )

zmcgovern45
07-15-2015, 09:34 AM
Give 22PLE VG1 a try. Super easy to apply, and it was my follow-up to G1, which after a year of still great quality water beading and sheeting, was causing my wipers to chatter quite a bit.

+1

I`ve done a side by side by side test with VG1 vs some other `leading` glass coatings, and VG1 outdid them in terms of water shedding. It`s durability claims may not be as high, but perhaps they are just realistic while others are far fetched. In any case, application is a breeze, so reapplying 2-3 times a year is simple.

RaskyR1
07-15-2015, 09:49 AM
I have yet to see a glass coating live up to it`s claims. If they are easy to apply though I don`t mind redoing every 6 months.

Forte started falling off on my windshield around the 6 month mark. I do park outside 24/7 though and the evergreen trees seem to leave a fine mist of sap or something on the surface....sucks! :(

I haven`t had any clients come back with complaints on either Forte or OGP though.

Angus
07-15-2015, 10:18 AM
Try Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Glass Coating. I`ve had it on for months. It rained here again today (South Florida) and I have yet to use my wiper blades. Super easy to apply and a single bottle will last forever.

+1 here on PBL Glass Coating. I love it. Awesome durability - 6 month easy. Since we`re on the topic, here a video I took the other day:

IKsPqA-4SqM

Working on writing up a full PBL Glass Coating review as we speak.