PDA

View Full Version : Moving Away! Help!

philbilly20
06-29-2015, 10:27 PM
As I take the next step in my life and move away to college, one of the things I need to figure out is how to keep my detailing regimen up. Being raised on a farm I was blessed to have access to an industrial power washer and being able to store my truck in a shop. My truck is a white diamond tri-coat Sierra. What I`m wondering is what I will need to do differently because I wont be able to seal, wax, clay, and dry inside. I am going to look into the Gary Dean method if thats what you guys think I should do. I`m living at a fraternity (no "Animal House" jokes) so I will have access to hydrants and hoses and what not. I don`t polish (yet) so don`t need to worry about that. I am excited to be on pavement though because a half mile of dirt with tires that have been dressed look worse than none at all. Anyway, sorry for being a "noob" if my question may be a little beginer-ish but thanks a lot guys! Oh yeah, and if anybody wants to complain about sore arms from washing, drying, and waxing, count me in after I have done one of these! https://www.deere.com/en_US/products/equipment/grain_harvesting/combines/s_series/s680/s680.page?

RoushRTC
06-30-2015, 02:41 PM
Rinseless washing will become your new best friend.

MiVor
06-30-2015, 10:35 PM
First find a coin-op pressure wash or a touchless wash for those times when it`s pretty bad or really cold. Then, as mentioned, get a no rinse product like Optimum No Rinse or Duragloss Rinseless Wash with Aquawax. Products like these will allow you to wash with 1-2 gallons of water in a bucket.

JSFM35X
07-01-2015, 04:53 AM
Coat your trick before you leave. It will make rinse less washing a breeze.