PDA

View Full Version : Auto Finesse

hot_h2o
06-24-2015, 06:09 PM
Am I the only one that likes Auto Finesse on this forum? I never see anyone discuss or show off the Auto Finesse products on here. I know everyone has "their go to" products they like, but just don`t see a lot of Auto Finesse mentioned. How does everyone feel about their products? I just got their Glisten spray wax and really like it. Leaves a deep shine with a pretty slick feeling. It beads the water up just like it was waxed. I have a lot of their products and it keeps growing with everything I try from them. I am just looking to see how everyone likes this company and their products.

Bunky
06-24-2015, 06:16 PM
I like AF Lather and Tough Prep. I did not like the interior detailer`s scent (have a 95% full bottle for trade).

Dogfather
06-24-2015, 07:20 PM
What happened to their stuff?
Seems like all but one product is currently available here or AG.

Bunky
06-24-2015, 07:22 PM
I am sure they dropped the line to have space for something that would sell more.

The Guz
06-24-2015, 07:50 PM
The only product I used from them was Iron Out. I did not like it. Ironx blows it out of the water in performance and ease of use.

Ronkh
06-24-2015, 07:53 PM
I am sure they dropped the line to have room for space for something that would sell more.

my thought as well

Swanicyouth
06-24-2015, 07:55 PM
I have tried a few of their products and they were pretty good. The problem? They don`t really do anything that makes them stand out from anyone else, IMHO.

The only really product they make that wasn`t a dime a dozen was Avalanche. They make waxes, cleaners, soaps, and sealants - so does just about everyone else. Most people are known for something - AF just blended in after a while.

The price point wasn`t particularly attractive either.

Reminds me of Muc-Off. Remember them?

XxBoostinxX
06-24-2015, 09:54 PM
I am a fan of AF and own almost all of the product line. I really like Avalanche and Citrus Power Grime Remover and bought a gallon of both. I liked the detail spray as well. I was disappointed in both tire shines, Satin (gel) and Gloss (spray), because they didn`t last very long. But did like the way they both looked. Iron out was meh, feel the same ways as above. Revive, the trim dressing was kind of meh also. It felt very sloppy trying to apply it to trim. Lather just felt like another car shampoo and wasn`t very "lathery". With all that being said, I would only buy Avalanche and Citrus Power Grime Remover again.

BlK1LE
06-24-2015, 10:57 PM
Citrus power is amazing and there wax illusion is killer.

JHL88
06-25-2015, 01:10 AM
Tough prep is pretty good. I have a container of desire ready to be used.

LawrenceSA
06-25-2015, 04:45 AM
I have tried their citrus Power and whilst it works well, the price point over here in South Africa means it works out to be around double the cost of Valet Pro Citrus Pre-wash which I find works equally as well.

I didn`t particularly like their Lather shampoo or tire dressings (gloss or satin)

Iron Out tends to dry out much quicker than my go-to iron remover from Valet Pro (Dragon`s breath). I have also tested it against Carchem Revolt and prefer that over Iron Out too. Iron-x of course seems to remain the yardstick in terms of performance, but again pricing over hear makes it hard to reach for on an ongoing basis.

I haven`t used any of their waxes, but then I am one of those guys that isn`t really *into* lsp`s (especially the `boutique` type stuff)..... something like Collinite 915 is for me, all the `show wax` I need. Collinite 845, Menzerna Powerlock and Optimum Optiseal are others that I use often.

What I really do like of theirs though is Dressel, which is literally a spray and walk away type dressing I like on engine bays, along with Spritz which is an `interior detailer` that has a really nice smell, supposedly some decent UV blocking capabilities and leaves a nice, non-greasy, OEM look

jsou
06-25-2015, 08:44 AM
I like their Tripple All in one Polish.

LawrenceSA
06-25-2015, 09:08 AM
I like their Tripple All in one Polish.
Ah, that reminds me.... I use a lot of Tripple too.... just not in the traditional way.... for me, out of all the AIO`s I have used (admittedly not a huge amount [availability in SA sucks] - Tripple, SRP, Megs Cleaner Wax, Menz 3-in-1) Tripple seems to have some really good chemical cleaning agents in it.... so, when I am detailing I tend to use Tripple on a MF applicator by hand to polish out the door shuts and under the hood, the painted areas in the engine bay and in between badges/emblems. I find these areas tend to have a lot of ingrained dirt (even after washing) and so I use the product fairly heavy to clean them up, improve the shine a bit and leave some protection behind - the badges are done in a similar manner, but using q-tips to get into the hard to reach area.

addysdaddy
06-25-2015, 12:42 PM
Citrus power is amazing and there wax illusion is killer.

I agree....Illusion and Spirit are fantastic - especially on the lighter colors.

Mbkite
06-25-2015, 01:33 PM
I love some of that Autofiness and am lucky to live near the domain to get me some...