PDA

View Full Version : Quick Take: BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Carnauba Spray Wax

TroyScherer
06-23-2015, 08:47 AM
This is my quick take on the new BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Carnauba Spray Wax.

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EmcxJUhtOD8

RaysWay
06-23-2015, 09:26 AM
I`m loving the video format for a review! Thanks Troy!

Ronkh
06-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Nice.

Love the beading. Wonder how durable it is, but looks easy so durability isn`t so important

Bunky
06-23-2015, 10:13 AM
I like the review Troy.

The paste wax does not seem to sheet as well as the spray.

TroyScherer
06-23-2015, 11:16 AM
I`m loving the video format for a review! Thanks Troy!

Thank Ray. I like the videos as well. Quicker and easier to get the info across.

Nice.

Love the beading. Wonder how durable it is, but looks easy so durability isn`t so important

Thanks Ron.
If I can get 3-4 weeks from it I would be happy to be honest.

I like the review Troy.

The paste wax does not seem to sheet as well as the spray.

Thanks Al.
The beading on this really was quite small and impressive. I much prefer the ultra small beading.

Ronkh
06-23-2015, 11:26 AM
4 weeks a long time for spray wax

Pats300zx
06-23-2015, 02:15 PM
Great review Troy !!! Love the video format :)

silverfox
06-23-2015, 02:25 PM
Durability with a spray wax is a moot point at this stage of the game. People are applying them like detail spray or drying agents. In fact...they are so easy and fast to use...what folks need to worry about is not longevity..but over doing it.

YuhDunBenShrunk
06-23-2015, 05:26 PM
I like this format

The highlighted product is reviewed against a polished untreated surface...

and a mystery product!! oooohhhh

that way no one can say they like "x" product better because of name recognition

also I would love if the mystery product were some type of generic off the shelf Meg, Mothers, etc product that you can buy at any local store

I feel like that would be a good standard.

You can obviously see the benefits of the product vs the untreated surface but does the highlighted product outperform the generic product to the point that I will spend more for it.

TroyScherer
06-24-2015, 09:21 AM
I like this format

The highlighted product is reviewed against a polished untreated surface...

and a mystery product!! oooohhhh

that way no one can say they like "x" product better because of name recognition

also I would love if the mystery product were some type of generic off the shelf Meg, Mothers, etc product that you can buy at any local store

I feel like that would be a good standard.

You can obviously see the benefits of the product vs the untreated surface but does the highlighted product outperform the generic product to the point that I will spend more for it.

Thanks.

In this case though this "mystery product" is a coating of sorts. So IMO there is a little chance of the spray wax outlasting it. And from my use most generic OTC offering are not to the quality level I expect or use. So I really don`t have many anymore.