PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the ants

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
06-23-2015, 08:33 AM
Seems like every summer here in the house. The tiny ***S ants. Got ant traps thruout and picked up a gallon of orthro spray. Did the whole outside around the foundation. This morning the kitchen got them. BLAH! Around and in the dishwasher! Guilty of not rinsing the stuff off good BEFORE putting in the dishwasher. The orthro is safe for indoor use too. So sprayed the kitcken down good twice. Bet they liked that! Not a infestation, but sporadic.

Nizmo
06-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Well, not sure if I`d rather have ants or pincher bugs. With the very wet couple weeks we`ve had they`re all over my house. I think we have to kill a couple everytime we get in the shower. Something is also eating our shrubbery and flowers.

Ronkh
06-23-2015, 09:53 AM
I got sugar ants in the house, can`t seem to get rid of em.

Be glad you don`t have fire ants

Nizmo
06-23-2015, 10:24 AM

Oh Lordy, we had those in Mississippi. I swear I needed a sign that said "My Yard Is Protected By Fire Ants." They seemed to love the St. Augustine grass we had down there. I`ll take groundhogs messing up my yard over fire ant mounds anyday.

Ronkh
06-23-2015, 10:25 AM
Oh Lordy, we had those in Mississippi. I swear I needed a sign that said "My Yard Is Protected By Fire Ants." They seemed to love the St. Augustine grass we had down there. I`ll take groundhogs messing up my yard over fire ant mounds anyday.

I need that sign !!!

Stokdgs
06-23-2015, 01:25 PM
When I was back in Texas earlier this year, my Mom`s house had these little harmless ants in the shower every day.
They call them crazy ants down there..
Since my Mom is elderly, I dont want to use any sprays if possible.
She had a pest control contract, so I got those people over and we looked all over and found an actual "trail" of ants coming and going out of the heater/a/c Closet.
They were coming in from the little hose that carries the moisture out of the A/C unit to an outside wall and it drips out there..
So, we put some clear Bait from a Syringe on top of that pathway tube.
They started coming from Everywhere inside that heater closet to get that bait and go back down that hose, to the outside, and to their nest somewhere underground. ( I never found it but think it was next door in their yard)..
They removed a huge amount of the clear Bait within 24 hours. The bait blog was the size of say, an Orange Slice Candy, etc..
Within 48 hours, there were just a few ants wandering around the heater closet and by the 3rd day, they were all gone..
This stuff must have killed all or most of them and hopefully the queen mother :)...
That`s how we do it in Texas... :)
Dan F

ernman
06-23-2015, 08:51 PM
Here is a great place to purchase any type of pest control Ant Control & Ant Killer Products | Do My Own Pest Control (http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/ants-c-1.html)

hot_h2o
06-23-2015, 09:30 PM
I got lit up in Florida 2 weeks ago by fire ants. Have 6 bite marks on my right foot that are still red. Glad I don`t have these up here in Indiana.

trashmanssd
06-24-2015, 05:20 AM
I hate ants every year no mater what I do we have ants milling around not a lot but 1 is to many. Out side next to the drive way and on our front hill in the trees they are every where. We have pest control so wife just bugs them about it all the time. If it was up to me I would fire bomb the whole yard and concrete it all and paint it green.

Don
06-24-2015, 07:12 AM
When my wife gets upset about seeing ants, I just tell her, "It could be worse ... it could be cockroaches." :yikes:

PA DETAILER
06-24-2015, 09:24 AM
The orthro appears to be kicking their butt.

Ronkh
06-24-2015, 09:27 AM
I wish they still allowed chlordane.

XxBoostinxX
06-24-2015, 11:35 AM
I can`t stand ants either. Don`t really have a problem with them in the house, but the fire ant hills pop up like crazy in my yard. They are a pain to kill.

Rsurfer
06-24-2015, 04:58 PM
I got sugar ants in the house, can`t seem to get rid of em.

I don`t know what kind of ant problem I had (tiny little buggers) but no ant bait worked till I tried Terro Ant Killer Liquid.

Ronkh
06-24-2015, 05:16 PM
I don`t know what kind of ant problem I had (tiny little buggers) but no ant bait worked till I tried Terro Ant Killer Liquid.

Thanks

Sorta gotta be careful on what I use around the house between kids and puppy.