PDA

View Full Version : Learning something new with 3D Cut

Junebug
06-22-2015, 09:43 AM
OK, I do some stupid stuff sometimes, we all do, but this Saturday got me good. I had a simple wash/wax on a 2012 Honda Civic. A car that I had done a few months prior and had looking good. I noted I had used Prima Amigo and Epic and that the Amigo had cleaned up the light water spots nicely. So, after washing off the dust and road film I saw water spots! What the hey right! Did Amigo just cover them up? If it did, holy smokes Batman, that stuff could conceal! I noticed they were mainly on the roof and hood, so I busted out the MF and M101, created a big dust bowl that had me wiping everything down. Forget that, got an orange pad and 3D Cut, used WAY too much on the pad (I couldn`t remember the last time I used it ok) and I worked it from a 2x2 section into the whole hood, yes, it spread that far. I kept working and working and whew, at least there was no dust. But, it looked like the water spots were laughing at me. I finally said enough and stopped, I wiped off the residue and, wait a minute, the paint was flawless, what I thought was water spots was actually just the polish making designs on the surface, I told you I used way too much. OK, it was 95 degrees in the shade, my brain was fried.

I later talked to the young lady (close pal of my daughter) and learned - from her younger sister, that she had tried to wash it a few months ago and never thought about drying it. The roof and hood was beading good and turned into water spot city. That`s a mystery I`m glad was solved, and I got her to promise to bring the car back at no charge and I would work with her and train her on proper car washing techniques! Kids! they try but you have to help them sometimes.