PDA

View Full Version : Non abrasive pre-wax paint cleansers?

Gunnar
06-17-2015, 05:41 PM
I`ve looked and looked but I can only find one product that appears to meet my criteria:

> Strip layers of old sealant and/or wax
> Clean/polish surface (without major abrasives) for new sealant and/or wax application
> Does not already contain a sealant (I use something else)

All I`ve found is Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion which I believe contains no abrasive compound. Does anyone know of other products that would better meet my needs? Both my cars are only a year old, I don`t thing they need a cleanser with compound content.

thx

Ronkh
06-17-2015, 05:42 PM
PB Pro polish

Ronkh
06-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Are you sure it wouldn`t benefit from a polishing? Age really has little to do with the idea that it`s young, so it doesn`t need polish (or clay for that matter)

Swanicyouth
06-17-2015, 06:06 PM
WG PPE
BF GEP
P21S PPE
AF Pre-Sealant Cleanser
Megs D302 (I think that`s the right #)
I`m sure Dodo Juice makes one...
I`m sure CGs makes several....

Just look under "paint cleaners". Most of them do not have abrasives.

All that said, your probably better off using something with some abrasives if your working by machine and taking the time and energy to pull out a polisher and go around the car.

Quite frankly, the best product I believe for you is Prima Amigo.

MooreImpressive
06-17-2015, 06:40 PM
the name Prima Amigo reminds me of last summers trip to Playa Del Carmen when we met this hombre on 5th avenue and he sold us this stuff.....wait.....nevermind. this may or may not have happened. B)

silverfox
06-17-2015, 06:41 PM
PPCL is a great choice. I use it twice a year and the car looks incredible. No need to remove paint unnecessarily.

Bunky
06-17-2015, 06:46 PM
I like AF Tough Prep for ease of use. It is not oily like some pre-wax cleaners so complete wipe off. Now, supposedly it is intended for sealants as opposed to waxes which supposedly actually like something left behind.

Dogfather
06-17-2015, 07:03 PM
Your criteria precludes "major" abrasives. If you`ll tolerate a mild abrasive and don`t want any fillers or glazing oils (Blackfire, P21s) to interfere with your lsp, you may want to look at Sonax Premium Class Paint Cleaner.

Justins00ss
06-18-2015, 06:00 AM
Also DP coating prep prep polish

Detailer`s Coating Prep Polish (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/coating-prep-polish.html#.VYKktPlVh8s)

MiVor
06-18-2015, 06:20 AM
DG Pre-Cleanerhttp://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27829&stc=1

Junebug
06-18-2015, 06:49 AM
Klasse AIO - cleans, leaves behind a little protection - not much. Or Prima Amigo - and lately that is my go-to.

PA DETAILER
06-18-2015, 07:27 AM
Another vote for AMIGO.