PDA

View Full Version : Interior cleaning dog slobber

goin2drt
06-17-2015, 12:02 PM
I am trying to clean the hard plastic in the back of the interior on a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I have tried many detailing sprays, WG, Mothers, and one other. I have also used Megs interior detailer. Even tried glass cleaner. The spots keep coming back. I tried soap and water. I did not try like a Simple Green or a Citrus based product as didn`t know if it would damage the plastic.

Accumulator
06-17-2015, 12:37 PM
goin2drt- I use 3D`s (green) APC. I would ASSume that citrus-based products would be OK, at least ones like P21s Total Auto Wash. I agree with not using Simple Green.

Eh, some dog slobber is just tough on some materials. Best to cover as many vulnerable surfaces as you can IMO, I use stuff from HatchBag (who also sell their material in sheets that are 60" wide).

goin2drt
06-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Thank you I will give it a try.

Stokdgs
06-17-2015, 12:59 PM
Einszett (1-Z) Deep Plastic Cleaner always works great on any plastic and leaves a nice flat look with no greasy, oily finish..
A nice clean scent that dissipates quickly..
I get it in the 5L big plastic jug..
Dan F

Accumulator
06-17-2015, 01:42 PM
Einszett (1-Z) Deep Plastic Cleaner always works great on any plastic...

I`ve gotta try that stuff some time! Seems like *everybody* who tries it thinks it`s great.

Jesse@Autopia
06-17-2015, 01:53 PM
I would also use Einszett Deep Plastic Cleaner, this stuff works great! After you get it clean you can use a interior protectant like Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant to help with future cleanups!

trashmanssd
06-17-2015, 07:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rIkDzXN.gif

TumbleWeed
06-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Einszett (1-Z) Deep Plastic Cleaner always works great on any plastic and leaves a nice flat look with no greasy, oily finish..
A nice clean scent that dissipates quickly..
I get it in the 5L big plastic jug..
Dan F

Where do you get the 5L jugs of 1Z Deep Cleaner at?