PDA

View Full Version : The HORROR ... MY OWN FATHER!!!

Don
06-12-2015, 07:29 AM
My dad has been in a funk lately, he has Parkinson`s and it`s really made his life rough. But recently he`s gotten some of his piss & vinegar back and has been working on his `79 `vette. He doesn`t drive anymore so I help him when he needs to run errands. Well the vette has been in his garage for a few years and needed a new battery. I took him to Advance Auto Parts for a battery and when he came out, in addition to the battery, he had A GREEN CAN OF TURTLE WAX/HARD SHELL ... :yikes: ... FOR THE CORVETTE!!!, which is BLACK!! :o

Now it looks like I`m going to have to conduct covert operations to make sure that can of, ugh I can hardly say it, that can of ... Turtle Wax is eliminated with extreme prejudice.

BTW, is anyone looking to pick up a brand new, unopened can of TW on the cheap? B)

rottenII
06-12-2015, 11:08 AM
Lol! Pick up some BF midnight sun, peel the turtle wax label off and paste it on the BF can. Covert mission accomplished.B)

Accumulator
06-12-2015, 01:03 PM
Has anbody actually *tried* using the TW Hard Shell [stuff]? Just wondered...I`ve seen some vehicles look awfully good with "crappy consumer-grade" LSPs on them.

Don- I`m just glad your dad is doing such stuff and remaining engaged. I always had a soft spot for `vettes of that vintage (mine was a `77) and I`m glad your dad still has his.

tropicsteve
06-12-2015, 01:04 PM
that`s funny, but back in his time, turtle wax was really all that was available for the average joe. i`ll second the covert operation and swapping out the contents with something decent. :)

Tpr1634
06-12-2015, 03:58 PM
that`s funny, but back in his time, turtle wax was really all that was available for the average joe. i`ll second the covert operation and swapping out the contents with something decent. :)

Can you imagine how much of that stuff was made, that`s what we used.