PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way to Wash a vehicle?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Lazzman
06-11-2015, 06:28 PM
I have been a traditional bucket wash guy but as I get busier I find it is taking way to long. I currently use my natural sea sponge and the two bucket method with grit guards.

I tried the boars hair brush on a adjustable pole and it was quite a bit faster, but it lightly scratched the clear coat and put swirl marks in it as well, so that`s method is out.

I have been thinking of going the gas pressure washer route and was wondering if this method needed any additional agitation to remove dirt? This would include using the foam canon first then pressure washing with soapy water.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

JSFM35X
06-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Your at the wrong place for this advice. Check YouTube. Lots of fast washers there.

I have been a traditional bucket wash guy but as I get busier I find it is taking way to long. I currently use my natural sea sponge and the two bucket method with grit guards.

I tried the boars head brush on a adjustable pole and it was quite a bit faster, but it lightly scratched the clear coat and put swirl marks in it as well, so that`s method is out.

I have been thinking of going the gas pressure washer route and was wondering if this method needed any additional agitation to remove dirt? This would include using the foam canon first then pressure washing with soapy water.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

rlmccarty2000
06-11-2015, 07:34 PM
Even with pressure washing and foaming, I`m sorry to say you will still have to use the two bucket method to get the car clean. By using a pro coating on your car the dirt may not stick as bad, but to get it truly clean-- rub a dub!

Tpr1634
06-11-2015, 07:42 PM
It takes me hour to a hour and a half to wash my F-150 crew cab that`s wheels to final wipe down.

mnewxcv
06-11-2015, 09:06 PM
I used to think touchless was the way to go (pressure washer), but the fact is, you need to agitate to get a car TRULY clean. I dont mean be abrasive.

anyway, the quickest way I`ve found is a No Rinse soap and the gary dean wash method, aka 1 bucket, working top to bottom, using a new microfiber as the one you are using gets dirty rather than rinsing it. dry as you go. This is the only way I was now. However, if a car is soiled, I will foam it and pressure wash it first to get rid of bigger debris.

SYMAWD
06-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Foam car and forget the soap bucket. Just use a rinse bucket. If you need more soap, use the foam gun or cannon. Use a soap that you can let dry on the paint that way you only need to rinse once.

kecko
06-11-2015, 09:55 PM
I been meaning to try the Gary Dean method. When I use the 2BM (w/ grit guards), I feel like I am still spreading dirt around.

Stokdgs
06-11-2015, 11:03 PM
On most vehicles that came in the door, they needed a pre spray of either a really good APC and/or a really good degreaser, then a pressure wash to get a lot of stuck stuff out of between tail light lenses and the body, around all the emblems, etc., for sure under the hood, engine compartment, the underside of the hood and insulation, grille, everything under there..
Then a 1 bucket wash with a really good mitt that releases the dirty water, a really good slippery soap, and hold on - no grit guards - ! ! !
Never have really needed them because I never let the mitt hit the bottom of the bucket..

The fastest way to wash a car that is anywhere near dirty with lots of german brake dust, etc., is 2 - really good people that know how to work together and knock it out -
Or - 1 really good person that is very experienced, motivated and has a world class work ethic...
Dan F

4u2nvinmtl
06-12-2015, 01:15 AM
What do you call fast?

I started off taking 4 hours and now i`m down to 1 hour to 1.5 hours to wash, dry, and dress exterior & wheels.

MiVor
06-12-2015, 03:38 AM
I tried the boars head brush on a adjustable pole and it was quite a bit faster, but it lightly scratched the clear coat and put swirl marks in it as well, so that`s method is out.

Maybe you shoulda tried the boars HAIR brush cause the head was too harsh!!! lol .... Others swear by the boars hair brush and it is very soft - can`t imagine any sponge would be better. As to pressure washers, I like electric over gas around the house but each to his own.
Have you tried no rinse washing? I`m a fan of ONR and use it quite a bit. Granted there are times I need to get out the big guns and pressure wash the neighborhood, but more often a no rinse or a quick detail like wash works great in far less time (including a spray wax topper).

silverfox
06-12-2015, 03:44 AM
Step 1. Start with the right LSP...a coating. It does wonders for washing thereafter. This step is key.

Step 2. High pressure rinse (presoak 5 minutes with a rinseless or waterless wash).

Step 3. Rinseless or waterless wash.

davidc
06-12-2015, 06:14 AM
I use a Boars hair brush and DG 932 0r 901 on several vehicles and never had any problems.

Dave

Junebug
06-12-2015, 06:20 AM
Fastest way? That`s easy, take it to the local autospa tunnel of swirls. You said fast, not best - ok.

rlmccarty2000
06-12-2015, 10:05 AM
On most vehicles that came in the door, they needed a pre spray of either a really good APC and/or a really good degreaser, then a pressure wash to get a lot of stuck stuff out of between tail light lenses and the body, around all the emblems, etc., for sure under the hood, engine compartment, the underside of the hood and insulation, grille, everything under there..
Then a 1 bucket wash with a really good mitt that releases the dirty water, a really good slippery soap, and hold on - no grit guards - ! ! !
Never have really needed them because I never let the mitt hit the bottom of the bucket..

The fastest way to wash a car that is anywhere near dirty with lots of german brake dust, etc., is 2 - really good people that know how to work together and knock it out -
Or - 1 really good person that is very experienced, motivated and has a world class work ethic...
Dan F
I like to use the grit guards to rub my mitt across just in case I picked up any dirt on the mitt. This way I can feel a little more confident that I am not going to put swirls or scratches into the paint. Grit guards in the soap and rinse buckets. Rather be safe than sorry.

Lazzman
06-12-2015, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all of the advice, I guess the question I really should have asked was, can I just pressure wash the vehicle with no agitation or bucket wash?
It usually takes me about 45 minutes per car with drying.

I love the boars hair brush, but I do not understand how it does not leave swirl marks in the clear coat, for other detailers that are using it. Do you need to use it with a lot of soap, so it glides more? Have not had success with it.