PDA

View Full Version : Forced to use Polish Angel Maser Compound and Polish

TuxedoTaurus
06-08-2015, 07:39 PM
So I had to work Saturday 5/30 to finish a deck around a pool. The owners were hosting children who lost a parent in the service this past weekend and needed to finish somethings up. So some other workers where staining the ceiling to a porch we had built. Well unbeknownst to me they decided use a low volume sprayer.

Well I head home and see specks all over my windshield. I live in an apartment, so I headed to the in-laws. There is stain overspray all over the car. I am planning to leave the next day for a week long business trip. So at 430pm i break out the gear. I wash the car and clay with Nanoskin Blue sponge on the verticle panels and the red on the horizontal. This removed the stain. For added precaution I broke out the DA and my new PA products.

To date I have used Megs UC/UP, M105/205, Menz FG400/PF2500/FG4000. I have enjoyed them all for one-steps I grab the PF2500, for two-steps usually FG400/4000 and sometimes M105/205.

Then came some products sent from glory. Any product I have used there was always a slight learning curve. With Polish Angel use as directed and it works as described. I have never seen anything like it.

What I noticed with Master Compound and Polish is you can work them forever. The compound I went up to 10 passes trying to get it to dust, but it kept spreading. I have no before pics for the paint since it was already in great shape from my spring clean up in March. I used the Compound on some isolated spots and on my plastic window trim.

When using the liquids the pads were primed with ONR at Clay Lube dilution and initial use I used 5 half pea sized dots, and 4 dots on subsequent sections. Neither product saturated the pad but continued to work. I got a couple extra sections out of each pad. I only changed the pad due to heat build up. When changing the pads they fely dry in side but warm with contact surface slightly damp.

I finished around 10:30pm topping with PA Master Sealant.

I was thoroughly impressed with these products and definitely will be using almost exclusively, on a budget one-step correction I will go to either Menz or Megs.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27796&stc=1http://www.autopia.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27797&stc=1

Ronkh
06-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Nice

was that 1 step or 2 in pic?

TuxedoTaurus
06-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Nice

was that 1 step or 2 in pic?

Sorry, that was a one-step. I used a HFDA with a 3" Cyan Hydrotech pad and master polish. Since the pad pretty much covered the whole surface I used 30sec of pressure and 30sec of light pressure. I didn`t tape anything on the car. I usually have that whole area taped off meticulously. There was no staining on any trim.

Ronkh
06-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Sorry, that was a one-step. I used a HFDA with a 3" Cyan Hydrotech pad and master polish. Since the pad pretty much covered the whole surface I used 30sec of pressure and 30sec of light pressure. I didn`t tape anything on the car. I usually have that whole area taped off meticulously. There was no staining on any trim.

thanks

TuxedoTaurus
06-08-2015, 08:11 PM
thanks

Your welcome!

Mastercraft241
06-08-2015, 09:54 PM
If you get a chance try the master compound pad or lambs wool pad from PA. The foam pad is a great one stepper with amazing cut and nearly lsp ready and the wool pad gives amazing cut (most I`ve seen).

TuxedoTaurus
06-10-2015, 07:10 AM
If you get a chance try the master compound pad or lambs wool pad from PA. The foam pad is a great one stepper with amazing cut and nearly lsp ready and the wool pad gives amazing cut (most I`ve seen).
Do you treat (cleaning) the lambs wool the same as you would a standard rotary wool pad?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Mastercraft241
06-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Do you treat (cleaning) the lambs wool the same as you would a standard rotary wool pad?

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

I used compressed air if it is available or simply use a microfiber/detail brush.