PDA

View Full Version : Nursing Student Sues University Because She Fail?!?!

Pages : [1] 2

Swanicyouth
05-16-2015, 07:54 PM
Oh yeah, it`s real.

Only in PA.

I know you want her pic first:

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/16/e1e7affdba049f472791de64c1bc28d7.jpg

Not bad. A bit manly.

Here is the story:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pa-nursing-student-sues-school-failing-article-1.2221025

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ronkh
05-16-2015, 07:57 PM
Well, she showed up, so she should graduate.....

Yep, it`s the schools fault

Swanicyouth
05-16-2015, 08:09 PM
Well, she showed up, so she should graduate.....

Yep, it`s the schools fault

She should have went to my program. 40% got the boot. What a scab. Is this the RN you want taking care of you????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSFM35X
05-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Today`s kids have a hearty sense of self entitlement n

It`s a shame. No joke.

Ronkh
05-16-2015, 08:14 PM
Is this the RN you want taking care of you????

Do you really think she would "take care" of anyone other than herself ??

SYMAWD
05-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Maybe nursing isn`t the right career for a person with depression and anxiety.

Ronkh
05-16-2015, 08:22 PM
she don`t look depressed in her picture

probably got depressed when she realized she gonna flunk

pmnewton
05-17-2015, 01:32 AM
Wow, if you can only function in a "distraction free environment" then you have no business caring for people in a hospital.

- Patrick

RMD
05-17-2015, 02:05 AM
Good luck getting a job after that, honey. If she gets an RN degree by suing her school, any hospital she works at will have massive exposure to med malpractice suits. Easy payday if your a patient, provided she doesn`t kill you. Don`t see many medical providers rolling the dice on that hire.

Bunky
05-17-2015, 05:07 AM
There is a lawyer involved too.

silverfox
05-17-2015, 06:23 AM
Lifes going to be a b**** for her. Oh well...

The Driver
05-17-2015, 08:59 AM
Quick to judgement, I have minor disabilities. If my college didn`t let me use my extended time an told me to go F myself I probably would sue them too. It`s one thing to sue because you didn`t pass, another if you denied certain rights. I know this because I`ve had professors who have turned a blind eye to a simple accommodation. Luckily for me, one of the staff (No names or positions) is a client. It really pisses me off seeing people rush to judgement, until you have certain disabilities you will never understand. When you have to deal with ignorant professors you will then. I don`t think she`s asking to be pushed along, just a fair shot (It does state that if she were able to take it again she would drop the suit). I think the suit is more of her putting pressure on the school. Good for her, I`ve seen plenty thrown to the wayside with expensive cookie cutter institutions.

I know students who have threatened lawsuits with schools just for the accusation of cheating, she seems to be coming from a valid stand point. Also they never mentioned her grades? Was she an A student or barely passing? All these are factors.

House of Wax
05-17-2015, 09:08 AM
. Is this the RN you want taking care of you????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my exact first thought

House of Wax
05-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Quick to judgement, I have minor disabilities. If my college didn`t let me use my extended time an told me to go F myself I probably would sue them too. It`s one thing to sue because you didn`t pass, another if you denied certain rights. I know this because I`ve had professors who have turned a blind eye to a simple accommodation. Luckily for me, one of the staff (No names or positions) is a client. It really pisses me off seeing people rush to judgement, until you have certain disabilities you will never understand. When you have to deal with ignorant professors you will then. I don`t think she`s asking to be pushed along, just a fair shot (It does state that if she were able to take it again she would drop the suit). I think the suit is more of her putting pressure on the school. Good for her, I`ve seen plenty thrown to the wayside with expensive cookie cutter institutions.

I know students who have threatened lawsuits with schools just for the accusation of cheating, she seems to be coming from a valid stand point. Also they never mentioned her grades? Was she an A student or barely passing? All these are factors.
I see where you`re coming from, but if her "disability " prevents her from handling the stress of taking an exam, them maybe a profession where she is responsible for other human beings isn`t the best idea

JSFM35X
05-17-2015, 09:21 AM
I am all for people getting the help they need to succeed. And that also goes for making allowances for people that have disabilities no matter if they are mental or physical and at varying degrees. We just need to ensure that the people we are making allowances for are capable of performing the job we are making the allowance for them to become for the sake of the public we are allowing them to serve.

Man this got serious quick

Btw. If I don`t win a polish angel coating in the give away, I might just sue. Is that max with 1 or 2 X`s?

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.