PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar challenge ...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Clean Dean
08-04-2003, 01:10 PM
I am scheduled to detail this 1994 Jaguar this week... How would you attack this paint ??? I`ll post back later this week with results and my attack method...

Clean Dean
08-04-2003, 01:11 PM
Another view...

Beemerboy
08-04-2003, 01:19 PM
I use this method on all cars or there abouts.

After wash I like to use clay to get the crud off the car.
The polish with a orbital using a cutting pad. Then SWR with the same type of pad. Glaze by hand using the 3M hand glaze tehn finish with either Poorboys Polish with carnuba or wax.
That should take every swril outof the car. If needed I some time use light cut compound by 3M

EBPcivicsi
08-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Since you have access to a rotary I would go Meg`s DACP with a yellow pad(cutting), then meg`s speed glaze with green pad(light cut), then your topper of choice. Obviously this would be done post wash & clay. I am sure you could also put in a pure glaze step after the speed glaze, but I find after using it many times that the surface is hard to improve upon. I really like speed glaze for jobs like this.

Koop
08-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Dave did you get your car repainted? It looks diffrent in your avatar.

sean connors
08-08-2003, 11:27 AM
i agree with ebp for the most part, it could use some #84 professional line after the clay, maybe #85 if it is original paint, then follow up with EBP`s plan.

Beemerboy
08-08-2003, 11:40 AM
KOOP

Yea I did and thanks for noticing;)

I did not like the way the pic looked so I uploaded one from a BMW racing site.

ACE
08-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Just wash with Dawn and give it a coat of Z-2. It will bring out the full beauty of those swirls. :eek:

Tassadar
08-08-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ACE
Just wash with Dawn and give it a coat of Z-2. It will bring out the full beauty of those swirls. :eek:

Dont you know that PolishLok has unique not abrasive super amino krispy kreme polymers to take away those swirls over time.

:rolleyes: Zaino = good sealant, nothing more

edschwab1
08-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Clean Dean,
When are you foing to post the after pictures?

By the way, how does one let their Jag slip into such a condition?

Eric

BumpersPlus2
08-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Diamond cut, rotary foam cutting pad

Dacp, or , Valugard`s Pre Conditioner cleaner foam pad polishing pad

Blitz, S100, or #26

Ferrarislave
08-08-2003, 11:36 PM
diamond cut isnt that a little to strong that can burn thru a clearcoat with a rotary in seconds.

Ferrarislave
08-08-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Tassadar

Dont you know that PolishLok has unique not abrasive super amino krispy kreme polymers to take away those swirls over time.

:rolleyes: Zaino = good sealant, nothing more

I agree

Tassadar
08-09-2003, 12:19 AM
I wish I could tell people I exclusively used Zaino. They here the words Zaino and think ,"Oh my gosh, that stuff makes you car look perfect, because Zaino is the best, its so expensive, but hey this detailer uses it so im gonna use him".

Makes me want to cry

2hotford
08-09-2003, 01:11 AM
Those swirls and marring are not coming off easily! No hand detail for that one!

With a rotary:

I would use Meguiar`s #83 DACP with their Maroon W-7000 cutting pad. I would follow this with #82 Swirl Free Polish on a Yellow Meguiar`s Polishing Pad W-8000. I would step down once again and use #9 with a beige Finishing pad W-9000 (yes, #82 Swirl Free Polish is slighty more aggressive than #9). Then seal with sealer of choice or wax.

You could go to #80 Speed Glaze with a yellow Meguiar`s polishing pad after the DACP and the cutting pad. This would omitt the other steps and allow you to go straight to the sealing. I know that you are now liking the Speed Glaze as it does contain a lot of Meguiar`s pure polish as well.

Just IMHO!!

ps. Check the thickness with an ETG first!!! Some Jags have really thin paint.