PDA

View Full Version : Another marketing idea.

Tex Star Detail
05-04-2006, 09:28 PM
I am still working on the how, but here is my plan.....thought of it about 5 minutes ago.
Seems I had little luck with the boxes I placed out at the lube shops. Here is the link.....
http://www.detailcity.org/forums/professional-auto-detailing/17412-a-marketing-idea.html

I was offering $20 off a full detail. Not alot of bites. So this is what I was thinking. Being the gas prices are only getting higher, I would offer a $15 Gas Card with a PAYING detail. And possibly a $5 Gas Card for a PAYING REFERAL.
It would $5 less than the referal, but who wouldn`t want a gas card?:)
I would offer the $15 gift card for a LIMITED TIME, not everyday of the year, but possibly keep the $5 Gas Card Referal going.
What does everyone think?
Here are 2 companies I can get them from...Chevron and Shell. Shell does not carry $15 cards, but Chevron does. But Chevron charges $0.50 per card.....
Shell..... http://www.svmcards.net/shell/shellgiftcard/order/ShowDetails.cfm?ProdID=21&CFID=1234899&CFTOKEN=63126824
Chevron......
http://www.svmcards.net/chevron/ShowDetails.cfm?ProdID=26&CFID=1253518&CFTOKEN=67947522

Chris

GregCavi
05-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Sounds good to me! How I would do it is book the details and then prior to the details go buy the gas cards needed. I think it will seem like more of a pain to me becuase I will pysically be spending money for the gas cards rather than just not making as much with a curtain amount off. I might give it a stab though if the % off doesnt work for me. ( I havnt even placed my box yet!)

Greg

Maxima Lover
05-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Great idea. People love gas cards. I think it would work best for referrals. Instead of people being asked where they had their car detailed, they`ll be telling people and giving out your name and number in hope of getting the gas cards.

As far as the details, I agree with Greg that it would suck to have to be buying the cards, but it all works out the same for you at the end of the day. I also think it means more to the customer for the same reason. People seem to think detailers take all of the money for profit, but they forget about what costs there are. To them, if you take $15 off that`s great, but it`s nothing like getting $15 given back to them to go put in their freshly detailed ride.

EDIT: You don`t have a BP or Phillips near you? I think they both give cards in any amount.

Tex Star Detail
05-04-2006, 11:23 PM
EDIT: You don`t have a BP or Phillips near you? I think they both give cards in any amount.

Nope. We have a BP, but it is in the next town. We have Chevron and Shell everywhere. I just seen on the site, that they charge a nice shipping fee and 3.5% of the cost. Sucks.
The site said Walgreens sells Shell cards, so I may have to go check it out tomorrow morning. If so, it would be better than having them shipped with the added costs.

Maxima Lover
05-05-2006, 12:37 AM
Nope. We have a BP, but it is in the next town. We have Chevron and Shell everywhere. I just seen on the site, that they charge a nice shipping fee and 3.5% of the cost. Sucks.
The site said Walgreens sells Shell cards, so I may have to go check it out tomorrow morning. If so, it would be better than having them shipped with the added costs.

That does suck. Walgreens around here sells them. Also here, most stations sell them as well. That`s where I orignally thought you planned to get them. They don`t charge anything extra either.

Tex Star Detail
05-05-2006, 07:39 AM
That does suck. Walgreens around here sells them. Also here, most stations sell them as well. That`s where I orignally thought you planned to get them. They don`t charge anything extra either.

I need to check all of the stations. Some sell them, some don`t.

Big Leegr
05-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Find the manager and see if you might be able to get a "bulk" sale price. (Or maybe a free coffee. ;) ) The guys a Walgreens might be more willing to wheel and deal, though.

Tex Star Detail
05-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Just called the gas stations and Walgreens.
Walgreens only carries Shell $10 cards and no other amounts.
Called the Shell gas stations, and they had no idea what I was talking about, I couldn`y understand them anyways....go figure.
Then I called Diamond Shamrock/Valero(?) and they said they carry them in any amount I wanted.....

Big Leegr: I probably won`t buy in bulk unless I cannot keep up with the work. I do not want to buy them and have them sitting. Though I can always use them for myself......LOL