PDA

View Full Version : Gloss Coat

JSFM35X
05-09-2015, 09:51 PM
How long after application can the gloss coat get wet? It`s in the garage and forecast is for rain I`d like to know when I. Can pull it out.

broker99
05-09-2015, 10:03 PM
optimum told me you can put a coat of wax over it in an hour so would say if it sit over night you should be fine. How do you like gloss coat so far. I like the fact it is easy to use

JSFM35X
05-10-2015, 05:21 AM
I will do a full write up shortly but for now I can share the following.

Application is easy, gloss is better than 2.0 and slickness is much better. I had a harder time seeing the product go on the the paint (silver metallic) and that slowed me down as I had to apply slower since you could not see missed spots.

I hope it lasts a long time asm beads like crazy.

optimum told me you can put a coat of wax over it in an hour so would say if it sit over night you should be fine. How do you like gloss coat so far. I like the fact it is easy to use

The Driver
05-10-2015, 07:09 AM
Were facing off lol. I`m putting cq UK on the S7 this weekend. Even though it`s a month past the expiration date. Also putting Dlux for the exhaust, flyby30 all windows and forte for the windscreen.

I would say any coating a week an make sure you put a top coat.

JSFM35X
05-10-2015, 10:35 AM
Well this is my sons car and I kicked myself out of the garage Bc I did not want the coating to get misted on yesterday.

The Driver
05-10-2015, 10:49 AM
Best advice is this, if it does rain or get wet. It`s not the water thats your enemy it`s minerals an sun. Just be sure to park it in the shade, as long as it doesn`t bake in you should be fine (Assuming you remove the water within a couple of hours).