PDA

View Full Version : Check This Out!

Tex Star Detail
05-04-2006, 10:53 AM
I thought it was pretty neat. Guy has chip that starts a car. No keys.
Had a chip implanted in his hand too.

http://www.benscaraudio.com/images/MOV00113.MPG

lonewolf0420
05-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Pretty cool. I would do that if it didn`t cost me a arm or a leg lolol

budman3
05-04-2006, 11:19 AM
Kind of a cool idea. But why would you want a computer chip inside your hand? This also looks something similar to the Toyota Pruis. All you need is to have the `key` in your pocket and go from there. Push a button to unlock the doors, push a button to start the engine, etc.

Beemerboy
05-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Kind of a cool idea. But why would you want a computer chip inside your hand? This also looks something similar to the Toyota Pruis. All you need is to have the `key` in your pocket and go from there. Push a button to unlock the doors, push a button to start the engine, etc.

In the 7 Series BMW`s they have that...all you need is the key in your pocket

darkhorse
05-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Same deal with the Camry Hybrid I just ordered for my wife. Key fob within five feet unlocks car and allows the power button to activate the vehicle.

TrueDetailer
05-04-2006, 01:14 PM
All this high tech stuff the car companies are coming out with is just going to make it easier for someone to steal your car IMO.

Maxima Lover
05-04-2006, 04:59 PM
All this high tech stuff the car companies are coming out with is just going to make it easier for someone to steal your car IMO.

I agree. All that is needed is to pick up the signal that is being used. They can easily do it to those that use remote entry. I don`t see how this would be any harder.

On another note, I will never have any type of chip implated in me under my own will.

Mikeyc
05-04-2006, 05:27 PM
OK. Two questions about this . . .

1. Ben stated after you hit the kill switch you have 30 seconds to get out of the car and lock it. What happens if you`re still in the car after that?

2. If the chip is implanted in his hand . . . how does he valet his car????

kasperj
05-04-2006, 05:36 PM
It is a very cool thing but theft is a reality. I read somewhere (digg i think) that David Beckham had not 1 but 2 BMW`s that had the keyfob feature stolen within like 2 months. There are certain lock outs on the system that require a 20 minute security window but they just followed him somewhere they knew it was going to take him a while and waited it out.

joyriide1113
05-04-2006, 06:02 PM
A lot of car manufacturers have this. Bmw calls it "Comfort Access". Nissan has this too. Like I said, Many car manufactueres have this.

TrueDetailer
05-04-2006, 06:16 PM
I`ll never drive a car that has it. I`m sure chevy will start putting it on their trucks soon and when they do i won`t be buying them. I really hate the way all this technology is making its way into cars and trucks.

Maxima Lover
05-04-2006, 09:04 PM
I`ll never drive a car that has it. I`m sure chevy will start putting it on their trucks soon and when they do i won`t be buying them. I really hate the way all this technology is making its way into cars and trucks.

It just gives them a reason to charge more and make you come back to the dealership when it breaks. It`s not really something too many people can take apart and rebuilt it. They own us!

C. Charles Hahn
05-04-2006, 10:23 PM

Yeah that`s not too unlikely.... Corvette already has it, it won`t be long before they start using it with other models, too.