PDA

View Full Version : Wash Mitt Storage? Yes it`s a serious question.

Pages : [1] 2

Broceratops
05-08-2015, 09:48 AM
How do you store your wash mitts?

I like to place them in a closed bin to keep them clean...but im concerned about mildew, mold etc. But if I leave them in something open to air dry Im worried about particulates landing on them!

How do you store yours?

Photos of custom setups would be awesome.

Thanks!

Accumulator
05-08-2015, 10:36 AM
I just lay mine over the rim of the wash bucket.

I used to hang them up to dry and otherwise overkill the whole thing, but finally decided it wasn`t necessary. Note that I have a very clean shop so no fear of contamination...

SYMAWD
05-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Throw it in the dryer and then put it in a closed bin. Mine is microfiber.

MiVor
05-08-2015, 11:06 AM
As for mine, I just let it dry then it`s on a shelf in the garage - I figure any dust is gonna rinse right off next wash.

Pats300zx
05-08-2015, 11:32 AM
I stick mine over a longneck beer bottle. Aids in drying ....

mnehls86
05-08-2015, 01:41 PM
I use two mitts for the car. After I rinse, wring out and set them in two different buckets on grit guards. Usually they are dry in a day or two and I put them in plastic bags in a plastic storage bin.

Broceratops
05-08-2015, 03:52 PM
I use two mitts for the car. After I rinse, wring out and set them in two different buckets on grit guards. Usually they are dry in a day or two and I put them in plastic bags in a plastic storage bin.

This is what we normally do, but we have 6-10 mitts in circulation at any given time. I think Ill just hang a small wire shelf on the wall in the wash bay.

wdmaccord
05-08-2015, 05:43 PM
I wash mine with rest of MF. Then I hang dry in the laundry room. Then I put in gallon ziploc. I used to dry them but I noticed the fabric behind MF fingers would age prematurely (holes, rips, tears, etc) so I have done a hang dry ever since.

House of Wax
05-08-2015, 10:24 PM
I just lay mine over the rim of the wash bucket.

I used to hang them up to dry and otherwise overkill the whole thing, but finally decided it wasn`t necessary. Note that I have a very clean shop so no fear of contamination...
This

JSFM35X
05-09-2015, 05:36 AM
Hook

PA DETAILER
05-09-2015, 05:42 AM
I keep my wheel/wash mitts my griots wash buchet. It has a shelf thats perfect for this.

tom p.
05-09-2015, 07:14 AM
How do you store your wash mitts?

I like to place them in a closed bin to keep them clean...but im concerned about mildew, mold etc. But if I leave them in something open to air dry Im worried about particulates landing on them!

How do you store yours?

I launder my wash mitts and MF towels following the weekly clean up routine. I put things away slightly damp as they come from the dryer. I`ve used a hole saw to cut holes in each side of my storage bins:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x414/billsouth/Autopia/DSC_2231_zps5n7tbg3q.jpg

This has worked well for me. Others have expressed the concern about rodents, etc. being able to enter the boxes. That has not been a problem here.

Accumulator
05-09-2015, 01:20 PM
I put things away slightly damp as they come from the dryer. You lost me there....why not dry them completely before putting them away?

4u2nvinmtl
05-09-2015, 05:37 PM
I wash my wash mitts with microfiber soap in the machine then I let them dry on a grit guard then I bag them up.

*I wouldn’t bother bag them if I was detailing at home.

Accumulator
05-09-2015, 05:43 PM
4u2nvinmtl- Are those MF mitts that you wash in MF detergent? I do my MF ones in MF detergent, my sheepskin ones in Woolite (on the rare occasions that I wash them at all).