PDA

View Full Version : :( Can`t play by the rules

Ronkh
05-06-2015, 01:14 PM
NFL finds Patriots employees probably deflated balls (http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-finds-patriots-employees-probably-deflated-balls/ar-BBji1ls)

The NFL report said "it was more than probable" that Jim McNally, the officials locker room attendant, and John Jastremski, an equipment assistant for the Patriots, were involved in "a deliberate effort to release air" from the footballs after they were examined by the referee.

The report includes text messages between McNally and Jastremski that imply Brady was requesting footballs deflated below 12.5 pounds per square inch.

Jesse@Autopia
05-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Wow. This will be interesting to see how this effects his Hall of Fame votes.

The Driver
05-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Is there any rule in the NFL saying a ball has to be a certain psi? If not then Denver should get ruled out too being they train at a higher altitude. The whole thing is ridiculous imo.

Ronkh
05-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Is there any rule in the NFL saying a ball has to be a certain psi? If not then Denver should get ruled out too being they train at a higher altitude. The whole thing is ridiculous imo.

"inflating to" 12.5 lbs is the same in Denver as in Miami

Setec Astronomy
05-06-2015, 02:02 PM
"inflating to" 12.5 lbs is the same in Denver as in Miami

Unless you inflated it in Denver and took it to Miami, or vice versa.

davidc
05-06-2015, 04:48 PM

I agree. What we should be watching is the Fed Govt. With the mandated Health laws at 61 years of age I am paying for Maternity, Mammograms and PAP smears. I don`t even know who my O.B. doctor is but I found a good training set of stirrups on Ebay. Hope they come with instructions. That is only one of themany stupid things going on in this country these days. I have a lot bigger things to worry about these days than a football being under inflated.

Dave

Bunky
05-06-2015, 05:18 PM
I agree. What we should be watching is the Fed Govt. With the mandated Health laws at 61 years of age I am paying for Maternity, Mammograms and PAP smears. I don`t even know who my O.B. doctor is but I found a good training set of stirrups on Ebay. Hope they come with instructions. That is only one of themany stupid things going on in this country these days. I have a lot bigger things to worry about these days than a football being under inflated.
Dave

The sad part is that could be fixed but gridlock maintains the status quo. I think even many elected republicans realize if they actually got rid of it it would hurt them at this point but it is still good red meat for conservatives to get them to the polls.

Mr. Gloss
05-06-2015, 06:20 PM
The sad part is that could be fixed but gridlock maintains the status quo. I think even many elected republicans realize if they actually got rid of it it would hurt them at this point but it is still good red meat for conservatives to get them to the polls.

Perhaps it would have been a good idea to read it before passing it?

davidc
05-06-2015, 06:42 PM
Perhaps it would have been a good idea to read it before passing it?

Some of the statements I hear from there we would have to teach them to read first. There`s a bill for that.

Dave

TFTADetail
05-06-2015, 06:51 PM
Yup, this will definitely make SC!

Stokdgs
05-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Some really smart guy did a study of the Pats since 2007, and amazingly, in areas where all the other teams in either league faltered, i.e., rain, snow, really wet, etc., the Pats all of a sudden started doing extremely well..

They had a running back who was so bad at fumbling, they were about ready to get rid of him, and suddenly, he improved so much, it was incredible...

So, there is much, much, more here and its too bad that even after all the other trouble the Pats have gotten into over the years, cameras, etc., they apparently still need to cheat to win... :(

I am sure that already, everyone is in Denial of this, including Belechick, but when the truth finally comes out, everyone will be in trouble - as it should be...

Too bad they needed a softer, grippier, lighter, football to win... :(
DanF

davidc
05-07-2015, 07:24 PM
45 to 7 wasn`t from soft footballs, but it was a a** kicking

Dave

House of Wax
05-07-2015, 11:04 PM
I really couldn`t care less about this whole issue