PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Customer Service from Autopia !!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jersey devil
04-30-2015, 12:30 PM
I`m not usually one to complain but the customer service at Autopia is horrendous ! I placed an order on Monday afternoon for approx 7 items thinking I would receive them by the weekend. According to the website orders are shipped either that day or the following day the latest. Being that I placed my order late in the afternoon I counted on the products being shipped Tuesday. Well Tuesday came and went with no notification nor a tracking number. Wednesday, unfortunately the same story, no word. Late this morning ( Thursday ) I decided to call and see where my shipment was. Called once, got put on hold for 10 mins then got disconnected. REALLY ??? Called back and was told my order should have went out and the girl was going to check on things and call me back in a few minutes. Well it`s been 2 1/2 hours and guess what.... No phone call yet!!! I then decided to check my messages on my home phone, even though I gave my cell number twice today and there was a message from Autopia . HURRAY there actually is a person there !! Well get this, one of the products is on back order, even though when I placed the order it showed in stock and that they are holding the ENTIRE SHIPMENT until that item is back in stock. Are you kidding me ??? You hold all my other products because one is out of stock ?? Wouldn`t common sense dictate a phone call asking me what I would like to do ??? Is that asking too much ???

I`ve ordered many times from Autopia in the past and never had an issue. However, given today`s debacle I have a strong feeling I will start looking elsewhere.

RaysWay
04-30-2015, 01:44 PM
We regret to hear this experience Jersey Devil. Your order was placed on Monday night after business hours so we didn`t actually receive your order until Tuesday morning. When you called to check the status of your order this morning, I found the order was placed on hold because Iron X was out of stock. I called the telephone number on your order to give you an update, and to see if you wanted to replace the Iron X with a comparable item (Optimum Ferrex). After about an hour I found out we had Iron X Lemon Scent in stock, so I went ahead and replaced your Iron X with the Lemon Scent version so it can ship out today. I apologize since this is not normally how orders are processed, but rest assured your order has been expedited and will be arriving at your door this Saturday. Customer service is a couple days behind so I`ll be working with them tonight to get them back up to speed. In the rare occasion your order doesn`t ship the same day, if it is time sensitive; please let us know.

goin2drt
04-30-2015, 02:12 PM
Couldn`t agree more. Posted on here in their ad thread, no reply. Called and got a message and then PM`d twice and still no reply. To this day. I gave my $500 worth of business to autogeek and funny they were happy to take it and the items were shipped one hour later. Folks even answered the phone within seconds.

Jersey devil
04-30-2015, 02:13 PM
QO
We regret to hear this experience Jersey Devil. Your order was placed on Monday night after business hours so we didn`t actually receive your order until Tuesday morning. When you called to check the status of your order this morning, I found the order was placed on hold because Iron X was out of stock. I called the telephone number on your order to give you an update, and to see if you wanted to replace the Iron X with a comparable item (Optimum Ferrex). After about an hour I found out we had Iron X Lemon Scent in stock, so I went ahead and replaced your Iron X with the Lemon Scent version so it can ship out today. I apologize since this is not normally how orders are processed, but rest assured your order has been expedited and will be arriving at your door this Saturday. Customer service is a couple days behind so I`ll be working with them tonight to get them back up to speed. In the rare occasion your order doesn`t ship the same day, if it is time sensitive; please let us know.

I don`t understand why you held the order without a simple phone call asking what to do with the rest of the shipment. Secondly, if it weren`t for me inquiring about the order it would have just sat in the warehouse ?

As far as you calling my home and leaving a message that much is true. However, that was only after we got disconnected on the phone AND I called immediately back, spoke to someone else and she was suppose to call me back on my cell phone ( where I could be reached ) within a couple of minutes after checking on the status. Why didn`t someone call me on that line ? If it werent for me checking my home messages I wouldn`t have gotten it till later tonight after your business hours so this would have continued into tomorrow.

I`ve ordered many times from you before and I don`t want to get into a pi$$ing match with anyone. I have never discussed matters like this in an open forum but this was totally unacceptable. Thank you for expediting the shipping but you guys really need to get on the ball.

nickehg
04-30-2015, 02:13 PM
I had quite the opposite experience. I emailed to change one of the products in my order last night and got a phone call today. They honored the 20% off coupon (even though it was after the sale) and let me know that they would be changing my standard Iron X to the lemon scent as they were out of the standard (no biggie) and that they would be upgrading one of my other products to a larger bottle size because they were out of the size I had originally ordered. Very friendly and courteous throughout it all. I`m sorry you didn`t have the same experience I did!

4u2nvinmtl
04-30-2015, 02:24 PM
At least you didn`t wait over a week to find out your order had been canceled (thanks, PBMG). Autogeek refused to ship to Canada with my US billing address (I`m a dual citizen) and I offered to provide my Canadian billing information if they agreed to cover the additional costs involved (about 100$ difference in fees/exchange/etc.), but they refused (obviously). I ended up having to drive to NY to pick up my products from the border mail service (at least I saved on shipping)!

Just to clarify: I didn’t have C/S issues as they were very friendly and met me halfway by shipping my order to the boarder (better than nothing).

Long story short, the market is wide open for resellers in Canada. E-shine is always out of stock and Amazon only has CG stuff.

The topper was the expiry date on the polish that I had been waiting for (although I heard it doesn`t matter it`s still not cool). Unfortunately I didn’t think to check for expiration dates before importing to Canada.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/4u2nv_in_mtl/2015-04-19%2016.28.54.jpg (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/4u2nv_in_mtl/media/2015-04-19%2016.28.54.jpg.html)

EXPDetailing
04-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Let`s put the brakes on here a minute; CS at Autopia has always delivered above what I expected. I am very happy with the numerous purchases I have made here.
Your post sounds like that there are details about your order that needed further attention, but their CS dept. was/is behind right now.
I can assure you, when they are not behind, they do care about your order.
Don`t believe, for one second, that your order is not important to them.

Ccrew
04-30-2015, 02:37 PM
Couldn`t agree more. Posted on here in their ad thread, no reply. Called and got a message and then PM`d twice and still no reply. To this day. I gave my $500 worth of business to autogeek and funny they were happy to take it and the items were shipped one hour later. Folks even answered the phone within seconds.

Yeah, you really showed them.

They`re the same company, Palm Beach Motoring Group (PBMG) owns Autopia Car Care and Autogeek :wub:

goin2drt
04-30-2015, 02:56 PM
Yeah, you really showed them.

They`re the same company, Palm Beach Motoring Group (PBMG) owns Autopia Car Care and Autogeek :wub:

Perfect. Didn`t know that and even worse to know that two divisions of one company can be such polar opposites. Sounds like they need some cross training.

donbeezy
04-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Vega, customer service is definitely behind schedule it seems. I ran into a similar experience this week.. placed an order Saturday (which should go in Monday, right?) but I didn`t get an email until Wednesday 4:20pm that the meg`s hyper dressing I ordered was out of stock. I was offered a substitute but turned it down because I ordered a match hyper dressing spray bottle. Not a big deal for me since I`m not in a rush. just letting autopia know whats going on so it can be fixed.

Old Pirate
04-30-2015, 05:55 PM
With all my years at CMA which help me understand the detailing selling business alot more better, I myself have ran into issues on the orders which we have gotten not complete because of out of stock or back order and the folks in the warehouse would inform me of this and I would call and email the customer about this. I would let them decide on waiting to complete their order or ship it in two. It even happens at my job when and always inform my customers of out of stock and ask if they would take another brand product and issue them a lower price to help them. Things do happen and no one is 100% perfect. I been at PBMG and was very impress with the great folks that work there with their professional attitude. I`m sorry to hear this happen to you and hope Vega can help you in anyway possible.

fatpurse
04-30-2015, 07:21 PM
My beef is not with shipping delays but with shipping costs. Many of the single items I order could be shipped in a small flat rate box for $5+. Instead they ship it in an 8x8 cube box for $8+. Shipping is another revenue suorce for them it seems.

ShaneB
04-30-2015, 08:24 PM
always had a pleasant experience with autopia customer service myself.

that being said, I also have noticed the delays in shipping as well as having my order held for a week while waiting for 2 back ordered items. I`m sure it will get sorted out.

Trouble
04-30-2015, 10:24 PM
I got my order with the quickness. Thanks Ray for the prompt service :bigups

MikeC.
04-30-2015, 10:45 PM
Waited a month for a b/o item. Had to email them.