PDA

View Full Version : Products With Really Good Swirl Filling Abilities?

Pages : [1] 2

globe9
04-20-2015, 02:51 PM
When I first bought my 2010 Black Nissan Rogue, I was all gungho about proper detailing. 2 bucket method, only the best microfibers, washing at least once a week, waxing with FK 1000P every 2 months etc etc etc.
Well it`s 5 years later and my Rogue probably looks better than most 5 yr old daily drivers, but my detailing regime has really slacked off. I don`t have the time nor the inclination to be as obsessive about it anymore, so I`m here to ask a rare question on these forums.

What products have good filling abilities? I want to cover the swirls/blemishes. I was thinking something like Turtle Wax Black Magic or whatever their line of black wax stuff is called?
Anything else that is really good at filling in swirls, covering up for a period of time?

Texchappy
04-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Prima Hydro - super easy to use and surprisingly good swirl filling ability.
Prima Amigo is good at that as well.

bswombaugh
04-20-2015, 03:09 PM
Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze and Nattys Blue Paste Wax. The PBBH Glaze does an excellent job of masking swirls and such. Nattys Blue also has some filling ability and using it after the Glaze will lock the glaze in. Nattys Blue also looks great on black.

SYMAWD
04-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Adam`s Brilliant Glaze, but keep in mind most glazes will only last a week or so.

JustJesus
04-20-2015, 04:10 PM
Poor Boys Black Hole Glaze and Nattys Blue Paste Wax. The PBBH Glaze does an excellent job of masking swirls and such. Nattys Blue also has some filling ability and using it after the Glaze will lock the glaze in. Nattys Blue also looks great on black.

I love this combo. I used it on a black 4Runner with excellent results, as well as the black hood of my Toyota Yaris. LOVE the combo

House of Wax
04-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Nother vote for PoorBoy`s black hole

Ronkh
04-20-2015, 06:11 PM
PB Black hole

Pats300zx
04-20-2015, 06:57 PM
CG Glossworks
Blacklight
PB Blackhole

Larry A
04-20-2015, 08:00 PM
PBBlack Hole and Natty Blue would be my choice.

JohnZ3MC
04-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Autoglym SRP and Bilt Hamber Auto Balm fill. Not super well but they do fill.
And of course, for the fellows who`ve been around for a while, and a trip down memory lane, Danase Wet Glaze. I still have most of a bottle left.

globe9
04-22-2015, 06:44 PM
Getting some Poorboys Black Hole. I already have Finish Kare 1000p. Could I lay that down over the PB Black Hole to protect the glaze?
I also have Autoglym HD Wax, but was partial to the longevity of the FK 1000p.

Will get the Natty Blue if absolutely necessary, but figured I`d see if the stuff I already have laying around would work.

bswombaugh
04-22-2015, 06:52 PM
PBBH seems to play well with most LSP`s. I have personally not used FK1000 but I would imagine that it would work fine to protect the glaze. Maybe some of the FK users will chime in.

Ronkh
04-22-2015, 06:53 PM
fk will go over black hole fine

nat blue just has more filling capability

if you want take a look at this

http://www.autopia.org/forums/the-detailers-showcase/25843-cover-pic-heavy.html?highlight=cover+up

my advice would be 2 coats of bh the one of fk on top. that`ll hold ya for a decent amount of time

Ronkh
04-22-2015, 06:54 PM
PBBH seems to play well with most LSP`s. I have personally not used FK1000 but I would imagine that it would work fine to protect the glaze. Maybe some of the FK users will chime in.

I have

it works fine

globe9
04-22-2015, 07:14 PM
That looks awesome! What is S&G wipedown BTW? Guess l`ll look into picking up some Natty Blue. I really wanted something that would last through more than 3-4 washes though. That was my reasoning for the FK1000p. That stuff lasts at least 4 months and usually closer to 6 months.
I just don`t have the time or desire to wax my little SUV every month, but I guess visible swirls are the price I`ll have to pay every once in a while.