PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Closing Out Surf City Line

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lonnie
04-16-2015, 04:08 PM
For those of you who like the Surf City line of car-care products, you can find a limited offering in their clearance aisles. This location may vary by store as well as the availability of products. It would seem they are dropping this line, as none of the Surf City products were seen in the regular automotive area selves.

I know this line has not gotten a lot of attention, (hence usage) recently within this forum.

The Guz
04-16-2015, 04:45 PM
I won`t ever support them again. SCG is very shady.

Bunky
04-16-2015, 05:21 PM
I won`t ever support them again. SCG is very shady.

Is this based upon how they supposedly treated a former employee?

Swanicyouth
04-16-2015, 06:44 PM
Surf who?

MooreImpressive
04-16-2015, 07:17 PM
yes the company sucks. and so does the company that is selling them. have never tried Surf, never will try. but will say my local Walmart has had them in the auto clearance sections for over a year now. still not buying it. but will say, they had the Meguiars fine, medium, and heavy cut polish, 2 of each one, on clearance for $3 each. I bought one of each to try. also had a nice hose sprayer with the built in soap dispenser for $2 each, only had 2 of them, bought both, and must say, even if used as a hose sprayer (with 7 options for spray output), it is the best sprayer I have ever used, and we go through them WAYYYY too often. our sprayers last about 10 minutes because of careless drivers/employees, but whatever. this is certainly a good "foamer" for $2. actually does make a decent suds (certainly not foam)

Ronkh
04-16-2015, 07:18 PM
Is this based upon how they supposedly treated a former employee?

im remember part of this, but senility has set in.

need help remembering

GearHead_1
04-16-2015, 07:26 PM
...need help remembering

my name. :)

Ronkh
04-16-2015, 07:29 PM
my name. :)

huh

you? who you?

MooreImpressive
04-16-2015, 07:32 PM
not going to mention names, and cant even remember (doesn`t matter). but I guess Surf City had a badazz guy either designing, selling, promoting their products, then after they took off (got into Walmart), they sent him on his way. ever since then, you guessed it, nobody bought their stuff.

Ronkh
04-16-2015, 07:34 PM
Sounds familiar.

I HATE CRS & CRAFTS

SYMAWD
04-16-2015, 07:51 PM
im remember part of this, but senility has set in.

need help remembering
Took product developer from one company, used him to start their professional line, then kicked him to the curb. Luckily the original company took him back and is coming out with even better products.

Also, when I talked to SCG`s customer service on the phone they were so bad I nearly cancelled my first and what also happened to be my last order with them.

GearHead_1
04-16-2015, 07:52 PM
huh

you? who you?

Yeah, me. I can`t remember which side of the bed I sleep on. ;)

Ronkh
04-16-2015, 07:56 PM
Yeah, me. I can`t remember which side of the bed I sleep on. ;)

you sleep in a recliner

GearHead_1
04-16-2015, 08:48 PM
you sleep in a reclinerYes I do. I thought about that after I typed it. I tried the bed two nights ago after 6 months in this chair. It really hurt my hips. All the same, my memory isn`t very good.

It really wil be 6 months on Tuesday next.

Ronkh
04-16-2015, 09:17 PM
Yes I do. I thought about that after I typed it. I tried the bed two nights ago after 6 months in this chair. It really hurt my hips. All the same, my memory isn`t very good.

It really wil be 6 months on Tuesday next.

ow