PDA

View Full Version : Drying with normal microfiber?

RedLight_Si
05-02-2006, 12:08 PM
I recently noticed that my waffle weaves werent too soft and decided to try drying with my normal microfibers which are alot softer. It took a little longer to dry and left a lot lint. Anyone else use normal microfiber to dry?

budman3
05-02-2006, 12:10 PM
For me, they aren`t absorbant enough for me. And if you use the `blotting` technique you really don`t have to worry about the softness of the towel because you don`t drag the towel across the paint. I have tired it, but it seemed like I was spreading the water around more than picking it up.

PhaRO
05-02-2006, 02:12 PM
I dry with normal MF all day long but admit they don`t dry as well as I`d like. I usually get the bulk up with one towel and have to finish it off with a second.

audiboy
05-02-2006, 07:37 PM
I have tried using regular MF to dry my car, but I much rather prefer to get the majority of the water off with a WW and clean up the rest with a regular MF. I`ve found that using a WW is a lot more efficient for me.

joe.p
05-02-2006, 10:12 PM
The cobra Guzzler is an excellent WW for drying .anyone who has used it has a very good opinion on it..

cwcad
05-02-2006, 10:41 PM
joe. p has it right. The guzzler big or small size is at the top of my WW MF towel list. It works very well and stays soft.

West6MT
05-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Overkill on this,....but the guzzler is awesome.

RobNY
05-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Has anyone ever tried this WW towel:
http://www.properautocare.com/bigbludryint.html
Just curious how it compares to the guzzler

Ecodetail
05-03-2006, 01:34 AM
I use regular plush microfiber for drying because I use low water detailing system, no pressure washer. I go panel by panel with my product in a powered sprayer, spray down a panel and wipe with zero pressure horizontally in one direction only. Spray second time and if necessary third time and bear down with minimum pressure and dry with two plush micro-fiber towel to reveal a shine of the polymer in distilled water product I use.

belcherm58
05-03-2006, 03:09 AM
I would suggest the Cobra Guzzler. I have many WW towels and marveled
at how soft this one is. I bought the Ultimate Guzzler and used it for a few
weeks. I like it so much I have started buying some smaller ones for use
with some QD`s and it still works great. Hard act to follow here. I now use
a QD when drying and this is the best I seen yet as a drying technique.