PDA

View Full Version : leather

CalgaryDetail
05-02-2006, 12:27 AM
not to bring up a new issue but i was having a conversation about detailing (hes new to it and wants ome help and has some weird ideas like not layersing wax)ne way he says he needs to order zaino leather stuff ithink its Z9 and i was telling him jhe probley dosnet need to NL will work btter as his leather is moost likely coated. I was trying to find the threads were people have said tha but count. ( i remeber asking about it in my car and i cant find the trhead) people told me that i didnt need leathers tuff(i have some for other cars) becasue it was coated liek most. if neone knows where this thread is can they please psot it. (sorry to take up space but i ya) of would they just please repate the info. Thnks so much and im sorry dwayne for doing this but i couldnt find it on the search

Brenton
05-02-2006, 05:21 AM
Except for Suede, I don`t know any cars under $100k that aren`t coated.
Can someone correct me?
Most leather colour is like painted on, instead of beaten in to the leather. Those two surfaces need to be treated differently.

joyriide1113
05-02-2006, 06:31 AM
Im almost 99.9% positive my leather is NOT coated. It does not bead, but rather sponged any liquid quickly. It has no visible clear like I have seen before on other cars. And to make a final comment, most products that have left clearcoated seats greasy, like PB LeatherStuff, Lexol, leave my seats dry to the touch without any buffing.

And my car is not over 100k. Even my 330i was not coated.

Does it make a difference? Meh, I dont know. Does it make me feel better about applying conditioner once a month, YES!

Brenton
05-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Thanx for the correction.
Perhaps I`m thinking mostly Jap & Domestic. I hontestly haven`t done many European cars, just a coupla Audis, VW`s and BMW--an most of the first two had cloth.
I`d like some schooling on my assumptions.

joyriide1113
05-02-2006, 07:29 AM
I too would like a more detailed answer for this. There was a 2003 325i I worked on last year that I honestly could not tell what it was. Other cars like mine or my prior 330i are obvious, but many really leave you stumped.