PDA

View Full Version : How To Remove Blood From Carpet?

02 LTZ
08-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Hey there,

A friend of mine has some blood on her carpet...and asked me how to remove it. So I figured I would jump on here & ask you guys at DC what you used....

So if you guys have any suggestions...let me know.

Ferrarislave
08-03-2003, 04:35 PM
I think rubbing Alchoal would take it out If not I hear that Goo-Gone stuff works pretty well. If not try some APC+ and Extract it afterwards.

NattyBumppo
08-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Fr0zen
I think rubbing Alchoal would take it out If not I hear that Goo-Gone stuff works pretty well. If not try some APC+ and Extract it afterwards.

Just thinking of the products I have on hand I would probably try the APC+ first also. First in the standard 12:1 interior dilution and if needed stronger dilutions.

Um, er, the blood stains aren`t in the trunk, are they? :confused:

Natty

Tassadar
08-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Tell your friend, that in the future, filling the bathtub full of lye is far more effective than putting the body in the ground :D

rhillstr
08-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Fresh blood comes out nice with hydrogen peroxide.
I have heard of some enzymatic cleaners that work well, but I can`t remember their names.

Tass, you`re really worrying me. I have to report you to the FBI now....

AtlantaBoy
08-03-2003, 10:57 PM
LOL Tass..........

Ferrarislave
08-03-2003, 11:05 PM
What are the proper APC+ Diltuion ratios folks. Im going to get some soon and want to know unless there is a scale on the side of the bottle or something.

Tassadar
08-03-2003, 11:29 PM
Well I mean, its useful. If you are stuck in a fallout shelter during nuclear holocaust, you have to do something with the body when someone dies.

Don
08-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Peroxide will bleach out the fabric, try using Oxi-Clean. A bit less than a scoop per quart.

NattyBumppo
08-06-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Fr0zen
What are the proper APC+ Diltuion ratios folks. Im going to get some soon and want to know unless there is a scale on the side of the bottle or something.

The dilution ratios are on the bottle. I`ve sort of narrowed it down to two dilutions; one all purpose dilution of about 12:1 and one stronger about 4:1 used for engines and really bad wheels/tires. According to Mike Philips (a Meg`s rep) the product is safe for painted surfaces at dilutions from 9:1 and higher. Still, it is pretty strong stuff. Meg`s lists a dilution for de-waxing at 64:1 ! Funny thing is trying to measure a 64:1 dilution.

Natty

95YJWRANGLER
08-06-2003, 03:36 PM
When I cleaned commercial carpet we used to use a cleaner that had enzymes in it. The enzymes break up and digest the proteins that are in certain greases and blood. We would hot prespray the enzymes on the stain, let it dwell and then extract the stain with very hot water. You could do similar with a portable extractor. I can`t think of the name of the stuff we used but I`m sure you can get something similar at a janitorial supply store that cares carpet cleaning stuff.

Matt

Poorboy
08-06-2003, 08:06 PM
so where`s the body and the gloves:eek: :rolleyes:

this isn`t in a White Bronco is it:confused: