PDA

View Full Version : Advance Auto has the DUB line on sale

Pages : [1] 2

Onepoint8tee
04-13-2015, 10:17 AM
Just went to buy the Meg`s DUB wheel cleaner, theyre having a promo where each product is $5. Till the end of April I think. I might stock up..

tom p.
04-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Is it any good?

Onepoint8tee
04-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Is it any good?
About to find out!

The Guz
04-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Is it any good?

Yes.

Onepoint8tee
04-13-2015, 11:26 AM
Cleans really well. Could cling a bit better, but just don`t hose your wheel down first, use a light spray. The smell is god awful. But with the chemistry that`s to be expected.

In other news, cleaning my new wheels is a xxxxx hah

tom p.
04-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Thanks, guys!

MooreImpressive
04-13-2015, 12:09 PM
so this stuff has an iron remover built in? if so, I may buy several of them and replace a lot of our brown wheel cleaner uses with this stuff. the brown stuff cleans really well but doesn`t remove iron.

Onepoint8tee
04-13-2015, 01:20 PM
so this stuff has an iron remover built in? if so, I may buy several of them and replace a lot of our brown wheel cleaner uses with this stuff. the brown stuff cleans really well but doesn`t remove iron.
Yessir! Similar to sonax fe

07gtcs
04-13-2015, 04:03 PM
I don`t believe it does remove iron, it is just a color changing wheel cleaner.

Onepoint8tee
04-13-2015, 04:04 PM
I don`t believe it does remove iron, it is just a color changing wheel cleaner.
Its the reaction with iron that changes the color..

MooreImpressive
04-13-2015, 06:11 PM
UPDATE: I wanted to come one here and share a picture. I stopped at Advance Auto Parts about an hour ago, and bought all 3 bottles they had for $5 each. I had read a few quick reviews and it certainly sounded like this product was well worth $5. I must say, and I rarely say this after trying a new product, that this stuff is pretty amazing.

I used it on one of our chase cars, a Benz that gets really bad brake dust and wheels that hadn`t been cleaned in probably 300 miles. I didn`t rinse them or touch them at all, just sprayed it right on, and honestly only left it on for less than 5 minutes, but that was clearly long enough. went on nice and foamy and neon green and within 60 seconds began to do like Iron-x and turn dark red. the smell, as expected, is horrible. I didn`t touch it at all for maybe 4-5 minutes, then rinsed. where the foam was the heaviest, at the bottom, it pretty much cleaned 90% of the brake dust off, but only about 50% in other places, so simply wiped it off with a towel (I couldn`t care much less about the wheels on this car so I don`t care about scratching or whatever, as you can see they have extreme clearcoat failure that continues to get worse). obviously you will be hitting the wheel with a mitt after spraying this on to clean it properly while doing a wash, but I didn`t do that this time, as I wasn`t washing the car. there is no question the wheel is brighter than what I get when I use the regular brown wheel cleaner. this stuff will most certainly be used in our shops starting tomorrow, and I will be stopping at the 2 others stores and buying up their stock, then after testing a bit more, will probably buy several more from their website. wish they sold it in gallon form, they probably don`t.

just wanted to share with you guys. get to your local AAP and get a few bottles ASAP. I haven`t done the math on how much can be saved my combining 2 steps (wheel cleaner + iron-x) into one, but I figure a 22 ounce bottle of this will do maybe 50 wheels, so at $5 a bottle, that`s basically 10 cents per wheel, which no doubt is cheaper than the 2 step method.

http://i.imgur.com/lzBPMT3.jpg

MooreImpressive
04-13-2015, 06:21 PM
will also say that not only was the wheel brighter, shinier, and generally cleaner looking on the right side, I felt around on the side that I used the cleaner on, and then felt the side I didn`t and it was noticeably smoother on the right side, so I know there was significantly less iron deposits on that side of the wheel.

Swanicyouth
04-13-2015, 06:25 PM
^ Yeah it works.

When is the damn gallon coming out and what is Dub???

Dunno.

Onepoint8tee
04-13-2015, 06:36 PM
UPDATE: I wanted to come one here and share a picture. I stopped at Advance Auto Parts about an hour ago, and bought all 3 bottles they had for $5 each. I had read a few quick reviews and it certainly sounded like this product was well worth $5. I must say, and I rarely say this after trying a new product, that this stuff is pretty amazing.

I used it on one of our chase cars, a Benz that gets really bad brake dust and wheels that hadn`t been cleaned in probably 300 miles. I didn`t rinse them or touch them at all, just sprayed it right on, and honestly only left it on for less than 5 minutes, but that was clearly long enough. went on nice and foamy and neon green and within 60 seconds began to do like Iron-x and turn dark red. the smell, as expected, is horrible. I didn`t touch it at all for maybe 4-5 minutes, then rinsed. where the foam was the heaviest, at the bottom, it pretty much cleaned 90% of the brake dust off, but only about 50% in other places, so simply wiped it off with a towel (I couldn`t care much less about the wheels on this car so I don`t care about scratching or whatever, as you can see they have extreme clearcoat failure that continues to get worse). obviously you will be hitting the wheel with a mitt after spraying this on to clean it properly while doing a wash, but I didn`t do that this time, as I wasn`t washing the car. there is no question the wheel is brighter than what I get when I use the regular brown wheel cleaner. this stuff will most certainly be used in our shops starting tomorrow, and I will be stopping at the 2 others stores and buying up their stock, then after testing a bit more, will probably buy several more from their website. wish they sold it in gallon form, they probably don`t.

just wanted to share with you guys. get to your local AAP and get a few bottles ASAP. I haven`t done the math on how much can be saved my combining 2 steps (wheel cleaner + iron-x) into one, but I figure a 22 ounce bottle of this will do maybe 50 wheels, so at $5 a bottle, that`s basically 10 cents per wheel, which no doubt is cheaper than the 2 step method.

http://i.imgur.com/lzBPMT3.jpg
Awesome!! I`m glad I helped you out with the heads up! My wash turned out great today. But of course it`s raining now haha. I`m probably going to buy another bottle or two, and their spray wax if I can find it!

cjkbme3w
04-27-2015, 12:51 PM
Note, that there is a 5.5% referral discount to AAP from Ebates and there is a currently a 20% off coupon code (P20). You can purchase online and pickup at the store. So, your next cost per bottle can be more like $3.78 before tax.