PDA

View Full Version : Please recommend me some good, new products for this application

Pages : [1] 2

rrpalma
04-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker here, and even longer time detailer. I ran out of some of the products I usually use, so have some questions that maybe someone can address:

1. I have a white Porsche that I treat with Swissvax (Cleaner Fluid and Zuffenhausen). What great carnauba based quick detailer do you recommend to top off the carnauba based Zuffenhausen?
2. I also have three other white cars, that I drive more frequently than the Porsche (Chevy Suburban, VW, and an old classic Peugeot that has been recently repainted) and would like to treat them with something not as expensive as Swissvax, not necessarily carnauba based. I have previously used the Werkstat system on them, and was extremely happy, but it seems they went out of business. My Werkstat stock is gone. What system do you recommend I use on those three cars?

Thanks!!

JohnZ3MC
04-10-2015, 06:55 PM
Pinnacle Crystal Mist as a QD for your Zuffenhausen.

Menzerna Powerlock for the three other cars. I`ve been using it recently and it`s an easy on, easy off sealant that has a huge shine factor and lasts a very long time. You won`t believe how slick it feels after you buff it off. Another product you`ll want to investigate is the Sonax Polymer Net Shield. I haven`t used the Sonax PNS but others have been very impressed.

Swanicyouth
04-10-2015, 06:59 PM
1. Dodo Juice Supernatural Carnauba Glaze, Zymol Field Glaze, or Scholl Concepts SW40.

That being said, other spray waxes w/o carnauba work fine with Swissvax waxes: FK425, Dodo Red Mist, & Sonax BSD are all good.

Swissvax`s spray wax is horrible.

2. Prima Amigo & HydroMax is similar to Werkstatt (somewhat). If you want something that comes in a tub and is a "wax" Collinite 915.

I`m sorry, but most of these products are not "new" - but they are good.

rrpalma
04-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Thank you Swanicyouth and JohnZ3MC for your comments. Please keep them coming!!

I`m sorry, but most of these products are not "new" - but they are good.

Sorry, I didn`t mean new as in just introduced to the market. I meant "new" as in new and not known to me :-)

0inDetail0
04-10-2015, 08:12 PM
on the more daily drivers Collinite #845 for protection.
If your looking for a good AIO like Werkstat Prime Strong HD Speed has been coming up and has good cut for an AIO. Another good chemical abrasive cleaner is Poorboys Pro Polish 2. Regular Poorboys Pro-Polish is just chemical cleaning of the paint.

Ronkh
04-10-2015, 08:16 PM
If your looking for a good AIO like Werkstat Prime Strong HD Speed has been coming up and has good cut for an AIO. Another good chemical abrasive cleaner is Poorboys Pro Polish 2. Regular Poorboys Pro-Polish is just chemical cleaning of the paint.

IMHO Pro polish is great and can do lots with the proper pad selection

rrpalma
04-10-2015, 08:19 PM

Thanks. Not necessarily looking for an all in one (I think that is what AIO stands for? please pardon my ignorance). Have the time (and actually enjoy) to take good care of my cars. And I like Swissvax very much, and would use it on the more daily drivers also, but it`s been my experience that Carnauba doesn`t last that much as acrylic -- that and the fact that the Swissvax is a "little" more expensive.

0inDetail0
04-10-2015, 08:39 PM
#845 will give you a great wax look and durability of 5+ months. It does not have that "plastic" type look some nuba lovers like myself do not care for in sealants.
Another sealant/wax option is Black Fire All finish Paint Protection with Midnight Sun Ivory Nuba as a topper. The all finish gives great gloss and sharp clear reflections.
IMO either of these works great on any paint.
Ronkh said the Poor Boy`s Pro Polish`s are great cleaner/polishes. They are both reasonably priced as well.

Swanicyouth
04-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Thanks. Not necessarily looking for an all in one (I think that is what AIO stands for? please pardon my ignorance). Have the time (and actually enjoy) to take good care of my cars. And I like Swissvax very much, and would use it on the more daily drivers also, but it`s been my experience that Carnauba doesn`t last that much as acrylic -- that and the fact that the Swissvax is a "little" more expensive.

Quite frankly, Swissvax costs a LOT more and is really not worth the $$$ (ask me how I know). Pinnacle Souverän is IMHO just a better wax than Best of Show. Collinite 915 looks awesome and costs like 30 bills. It`s also one of the most satisfying waxes to apply and remove. It lasts a long time.

For that matter, spend $20 and get a tub of Nattys Blue. Put it up against Swissvax and tell me what you think... I don`t think you`ll be disappointed. Looks great and lasts longer.

JSFM35X
04-10-2015, 09:59 PM
845 or Blackfire wet diamonds sealant.

Not impressed with swissvax waxes at all. Too much$. I don`t even see them out in the market anymore.

rrpalma
04-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the comments. Yes, I`ll probably be switching away from Swissvax once my current stock is gone. However, that and Werkstat, plus Meguiars for paint correction is all I`m familiar with, and remain (very) ignorant of all the good (probably better) stuff that`s out there -- hence my asking.

A good friend of mine also ecommended Klass (sp?) All in One, then Pinnacle Souveran Paste (since I like carnauba so much, and has also been suggested here by Swanicyouth) , and then the Pinnacle Mist as a topper. Comments?

TIA.

WaxAddict
04-10-2015, 10:05 PM
I just want to second the enthusiasm for 915, Natty`s Blue, 845, PB Pro Polish, and FK425. All excellent choices. On white, I might lean towards 845 or maybe Natty`s Red.
For another sealant choice that`s nice and deep and not plastic-looking, consider Sonus SFX-4.

rrpalma
04-10-2015, 10:14 PM
I just want to second the enthusiasm for 915, Natty`s Blue, 845, PB Pro Polish, and FK425. All excellent choices. On white, I might lean towards 845 or maybe Natty`s Red.
For another sealant choice that`s nice and deep and not plastic-looking, consider Sonus SFX-4.

Thanks. So if I go the Collinite way, you suggest I go : 840, then 845 then 915? Or is it either 845 or 915?

0inDetail0
04-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Souveran is a eye candy wax. You will be reapplying it every two weeks. I would class it as a show car wax.

WaxAddict
04-11-2015, 10:29 AM
Thanks. So if I go the Collinite way, you suggest I go : 840, then 845 then 915? Or is it either 845 or 915?

I have no experience with 840. If you want to use a pre-wax cleaner, I`m sure it`s fine. Regarding the wax, honestly, on white, I think 845 and you`re done. If you want some pop, wait a few days then try a good glossifying QD like FK425.