PDA

View Full Version : This is Stupid....

Swanicyouth
04-03-2015, 05:48 PM
How to Install Tire Letters - /DRIVE CLEAN - YouTube (http://youtu.be/GwYl-5sqkUk)

Angus
04-03-2015, 06:31 PM
Haha, yeah I`m not a fan.

GearHead_1
04-03-2015, 06:33 PM
This is stupid...

Yes, I think it`s a bit hinky. That said, it`s too bad you and I didn`t think of it and it was us raking in the reward. Though it might be in my opinion, poor taste, I think there are plenty of Ricky Racer`s that will buy this. You know there`s a market for this. After all, they sell chrome wiper blade arms and GTR stickers plenty. They dedicate a whole isle to these types of products at AutoZone. Who`s to say these buyers taste is any worse than mine? ;)

In the video I noticed that they placed the letters directy over the letters that are molded into the tires. I wondered how long these appliques will stay on a surface that isn`t "flat"?

YuhDunBenShrunk
04-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Im not a fan either although I do like it specifically on his car. the minimal white contrasts great with all the black

also

i don`t know if anyones caught it yet
but I`m gonna guess that the Tread dude was trying to help out Larry a little bit
when they were cleaning the tire he goes "You gotta clean up the tire real good from all the gel that has been put on it, and the stuff you put on your tires larry it sticks on their real good, best I`ve ever come across"
I don`t think Larry would ever ask him to say it cause he hates promoting his own stuff
On his podcast he always cuts himself off when talking about himself or his products
I think the tread guy was just genuinely trying to put a plug in for him
I just found it amusing

Pats300zx
04-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Ill pass. No words on my treads.

GearHead_1
04-03-2015, 07:01 PM
Ill pass. No words on my treads.

Can see it now, "THE Z-MAN COMETH" on your sidewalls.

Swanicyouth
04-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Im not a fan either although I do like it specifically on his car. the minimal white contrasts great with all the black

also

i don`t know if anyones caught it yet
but I`m gonna guess that the Tread dude was trying to help out Larry a little bit
when they were cleaning the tire he goes "You gotta clean up the tire real good from all the gel that has been put on it, and the stuff you put on your tires larry it sticks on their real good, best I`ve ever come across"
I don`t think Larry would ever ask him to say it cause he hates promoting his own stuff
On his podcast he always cuts himself off when talking about himself or his products
I think the tread guy was just genuinely trying to put a plug in for him
I just found it amusing

Nobody hates promoting their own products. There is profit in selling this stuff. I caught that line as well - don`t believe AMMO`S tire dressing is any better than my favorite PBs, Optimum, or Prima dressing.

Can see it now, "THE Z-MAN COMETH" on your sidewalls.

On You Tube now.. The Dice Man Cometh....

Pretty funny.