PDA

View Full Version : How long to work your PC 7424 with MIP in a 2x2 area?

c6this
04-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey guys havent posted in a while but here goes nothing,

I would like to know if I am using a wolfgang orange cutting pad with Menzerna Intesive Polish and my PC7424 set on speed 6 with 2 lines of the polish on the cutting pad how long should I stay in that are aprox? I cannot tell if the product is getting too thin..........and I cannot tell if it is dusting or what not.. I just need a round about time you should stay in the 2x2 area? Also how long when using the white polishing pad and MFII in a 2x2 area on speed 4?

The reason I am asking these questions is because on my black z06 corvette I still have swirls and some fine fine scratches, what am I doing wrong? I use the correct microfibers and I use Zaino as well:mad: Is there any way on a black car not to have swirls??????????????????????

blkyukon
04-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey guys havent posted in a while but here goes nothing,

I would like to know if I am using a wolfgang orange cutting pad with Menzerna Intesive Polish and my PC7424 set on speed 6 with 2 lines of the polish on the cutting pad how long should I stay in that are aprox? I cannot tell if the product is getting too thin..........and I cannot tell if it is dusting or what not.. I just need a round about time you should stay in the 2x2 area? Also how long when using the white polishing pad and MFII in a 2x2 area on speed 4?

The reason I am asking these questions is because on my black z06 corvette I still have swirls and some fine fine scratches, what am I doing wrong? I use the correct microfibers and I use Zaino as well:mad: Is there any way on a black car not to have swirls??????????????????????

It depends... Here are the stages IP goes through when worked with a PC.
Http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/ip.html

Time will vary - temperature, humidity, speed, speed of movement, pressure, pad & paint all play a factor on "how long to work the polish in". You need to know what the polish looks likes when it`s brokendown so you don`t under or over work the polish. This is why good lighting is important!

Here is what I do with any new polish I use for the first time ·

* Using a 1`x1` section - apply the polish the same as any other polish
* using little pressure and speed 4.5 - 5 work the polish in.
* At each change in the polish I remove a section and see how the paint looks
* repeat at each change until very little or no hazing is present (this will very depending on the abrasiveness of the polish).

The reason for speed 4.5-5 and little pressure is, it goes through the stages slower so you can determine when it`s brokendown without under or over working the polish. Now you know what it looks like when it`s brokendown you can increase the speed, pressure, etc. to get the job done.

Good Luck