PDA

View Full Version : 3 uses for QD`s, 3 favorites

Pages : [1] 2

WaxAddict
03-23-2015, 02:06 PM
I love QD`s, almost as much as waxes. I use detailers for three distinct purposes.

Category explanation & use
1. Workhorse: Cleaning, Clay Lube, product and poop removal, little or no stuff-left-behind.
2. Do-It-All: Quick shine enhancer, drying aid, spit shine, minor cleaning.
3. Pop Diva: Wow-factor and sacrificial layer after a wash. These may be harder to use, but are worth it.

Favorites
1. Workhorse: PB Spray & Wipe
2. Do-It-All: Adam`s
3. Pop Diva:PB QD+

Yours? :cool:

SYMAWD
03-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Favorites
1. Workhorse: Adam`s Rinseless 1:16
2. Do-It-All: Adam`s
3. Pop Diva: Never used one.

Accumulator
03-23-2015, 05:57 PM
I basically just use QDs as drying aids, that "category 3 Pop Diva" application.

So noting that I don`t use QD as clay lube, and that I basically never touch an unclean vehicle between washes (seldom even clean off bird-bombs any more..) with anything, my fave is probably Garry Dean`s Ultimate Use Detail Juice. I like it so much that I think it`ll replace my FK146 and FK425. I`ve already quit using Griot`s SpeedShine, which was my fave for use on waxes for *years*, gave away my last gallon of it.

I still use ValuGard`s FastFinish on black trim/rubber/plastic/etc. For me it`s *perfect* for that specific use.

And I still use M34 to assist in the buffing off of compound/polish residues (helps minimize micromarring with M101).

silverfox
03-23-2015, 06:31 PM
Learned long ago never to touch a car between washes. Saved me tons of headaches, time, and money.

Pats300zx
03-23-2015, 06:52 PM
Favorites
1.Workhorse: Meguiars D115
2.Do-It-All: Fk-425
3. Pop Diva: Crystal Mist

PA DETAILER
03-24-2015, 07:53 AM
I have also used quite a few over the years.

1. DP FINAL GLOSS is not talked about much, but is a top notch product! Used as a drying aid its amazing. I will list this as one of the BEST i have used to date.

2. Just got a bottle of PB SPRAY & GLOSS. Only got to use it once on a dry finish. I was impressed. Heard its even better as a drying aid which is why i got it. Cant wait to see how it does there.

3. And getting off topic because its a wax, nothing compares to PRIMA WAX AS U DRY. To be used on wet vehicle before drying off. Leaves serious protection and a finish that looks like you did just wax. If you use this once, you will see why.

TroyScherer
03-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Workhorse: UWWP

Do-It-All: UWWP

Pop Diva: FK425 (Post wash drying aid only)

Nav45
03-24-2015, 08:47 AM
I basically just use QDs as drying aids, that "category 3 Pop Diva" application.

So noting that I don`t use QD as clay lube, and that I basically never touch an unclean vehicle between washes (seldom even clean off bird-bombs any more..) with anything, my fave is probably Garry Dean`s Ultimate Use Detail Juice. I like it so much that I think it`ll replace my FK146 and FK425. I`ve already quit using Griot`s SpeedShine, which was my fave for use on waxes for *years*, gave away my last gallon of it.

I still use ValuGard`s FastFinish on black trim/rubber/plastic/etc. For me it`s *perfect* for that specific use.

And I still use M34 to assist in the buffing off of compound/polish residues (helps minimize micromarring with M101).

Accumulator, would you spray QD on a wet car and then dry it with a towel for safe drying? Would that interfere with the proper bonding when applying a sealant? (I figure a clean surface would be better for bonding than one that has some QD on it).

Don
03-24-2015, 08:58 AM
I use a UQD as a drying aid, and I haven`t yet had a problem with the longevity of Ultimate Paste Wax or with Ultimate Quik Wax, but then again I seem to remember Megs` products being designed as a "system" of products meant to be used together.

So I guess for me it would be:

Drying Aid: UQD
Claying: soap & water (heavy on the soap) mix
Diva Shine: UQW

ZL1Mark
03-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Learned long ago never to touch a car between washes.
Smart man.

Zelfiris
03-24-2015, 10:54 AM
Drying Aid: OCW / Bilt-Hamber Auto QD (didn`t open the bottle yet but dedicated for drying aid)
Clay lube: ONR / wash solution
Rinseless and general cleaning: ONR/ UWWP
Diva Shine: N/A (don`t have one but I have used FK425 to provide a nice gloss)

Accumulator
03-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Noting that I was a *HUGE* fan of FK425, [heck], I still am, I`d *really* like for some other FK425-lover to try IUDJ as a QD. I *NEVER* thought I`d reach for some rinseless wash instead of the FK stuff (still like FK146 too), but that`s what I find myself doing and I really do think stuff is looking a tiny bit better.

Accumulator, would you spray QD on a wet car and then dry it with a towel for safe drying? Would that interfere with the proper bonding when applying a sealant? (I figure a clean surface would be better for bonding than one that has some QD on it).

Ahm good Q. I don`t use the the QD as a drying aid if I`ll be LSPing, though I wouldn`t expect any problems from using compatible products that way (e.g., FK425 before FK1000P). If I`ll be LSPing, I`d make especially certain to have the car 100% *clean* before drying. I know, I know, it`s supposed to be that way anyhow...

Heh heh, these days I hardly ever need to reLSP, didn`t even think of it when discussing this stuff.

Also, I get the vast majority of water off first using my AirWand, so 99% of what I`m drying is the QD/spraywax.

House of Wax
03-24-2015, 03:49 PM
I use UWW+ or ONR for pretty much anything you would use a QD for

Bunky
03-24-2015, 05:08 PM
I really like the looks of Pinnacle XMT Spray. For cleaning duty, I like PB`s Spray and Wipe (feels thicker and slick) but will use UWW more than anything else for just general use But, I like to use scented detail sprays (Mothers Showtime, CG Speed Wipe (old scent)) as well like on jambs.

KBsToy
03-25-2015, 04:47 AM
FK 425
Optimum Gloss Enhancer
XMT Spray Detail

I use these as a drying aid after sheeting the water off the car...