PDA

View Full Version : Day off early spring detail

PA DETAILER
03-16-2015, 12:36 PM

Had the day off and it is nice out, so i hit it. Products used....

CCS Hand applicators. Orange and red.
CG wash red.
Prima Amigo.
Collinite 845.
DP Wheel coat.
WG trim sealant. Used on headlamps/taillamps. Touch up on some trim.
BFCS. Used on door jambs, roof, nerf bars.
OPTI BOND on tires.
Pfledge stik used on all weather stripping.
Many mf towels

Went old school and did a 2-step with amigo and 845. Wanted something easy and to last! 845 brought back memories on how to use it. Had to warm the bottle up first. Then it really went on nice with the red ccs hand pad. Got to say i am pleased with the results. One question i do have is what is best to maintain the 845? Any spray wax ok? Prima wax as u dry ok? Whats a good drying aid to use with 845?

bswombaugh
03-16-2015, 12:43 PM
Did a vehicle today that had 845 on it. Used FK425 as a drying aid. Looked great and left paint extremely slick.

Ronkh
03-16-2015, 12:43 PM

Had the day off and it is nice out, so i hit it. Products used....

CCS Hand applicators. Orange and red.
CG wash red.
Prima Amigo.
Collinite 845.
DP Wheel coat.
WG trim sealant. Used on headlamps/taillamps. Touch up on some trim.
BFCS. Used on door jambs, roof, nerf bars.
OPTI BOND on tires.
Pfledge stik used on all weather stripping.
Many mf towels

Went old school and did a 2-step with amigo and 845. Wanted something easy and to last! 845 brought back memories on how to use it. Had to warm the bottle up first. Then it really went on nice with the red ccs hand pad. Got to say i am pleased with the results. One question i do have is what is best to maintain the 845? Any spray wax ok? Prima wax as u dry ok? Whats a good drying aid to use with 845?

Lookin GOOD !!!

Just about anything will go over 845

PB Spray and GLoss
PB QW+
DG aquawax
BF spray qd
ETC

Have at it, and enjoy the spring :D

Pats300zx
03-16-2015, 03:16 PM
Looking good !!! Can`t go wrong with 845. Good news is that everything works over it !

PA DETAILER
03-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Thanks. The 845 look is clean/crisp. Some where between a sealant and wax. I forgot how much i liked opti bond for the tires. First application out of a new bottle.

TroyScherer
03-16-2015, 06:12 PM
looks great !!!

how was the DP coating holding up?

I have used used almost every spray wax detailer I have on #845. They all seem to work and play nice. DG Aquawax though works well IMO.

PA DETAILER
03-16-2015, 06:20 PM
looks great !!!

how was the DP coating holding up?

I have used used almost every spray wax detailer I have on #845. They all seem to work and play nice. DG Aquawax though works well IMO.

Good to know i can use about any QD as a drying aid over 845. The DP paint coat was OK. Got it thru the worse of winter anyway.

ManiZ
03-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Looks amazing!

This thread got all the more excited about the upcoming arrival of my 845, generously offered by member `TumbleWeed` (thanks again my friend!).