PDA

View Full Version : P21s

outlander
03-09-2015, 04:22 AM
Would like to use p21s in my tornador. Have a black 2015 nissan rogue. Want to use it in the door panals. Would like you`re opinion about using this product. Thanks.

Lonnie
03-17-2015, 09:38 AM
Depends what you want from the wax:
I can only comment about P21S from using its supposedly equivalent "twin" S100 that I bought some time ago from a local Harley-Davidson motorcycle dealership when P21S/S100 was one of those "Flavor-of-the-month" (IE, something new and hyped to use) at that time. Whether they are, indeed, "twins` is a WHOLE different discussion. Needless to say, P21S is an easy wax to use, of the Wax-on-Wax-off (WOWO) that provides a good reflective carnauba "shine/glow" if that is what you want. It much cheaper than hi-end concourse carnauba waxes such as Pinnacle Souveran paste, or even Dodo Supernatural, BUT it has about 85% to 90% of those hi-end carnauba shine, IE, you get what you pay for. The other nice feature of P21S is it wouldn`t stain/white streak on vinyl trim like some waxes or sealants do.
The big drawback is it`s longevity and protection. It wouldn`t last more than 2 months in hot weather and provides minimal protection against bird droppings and bug splatter.

My suggestion for daily drivers is Collinite 476S Double Wax or its marine equivalent (and true twin) 885 Fleetwax, which you may find at any good marine or boat shop over-the-counter, like I did. It`s easy to use (WOWO), provided you don`t apply it too thick, like many novice/inexperienced do-it-yourselfer`s do. You will love the beading of water when washing or when it rains, and it looks pretty reflective. Maybe not show-car/head-turning type shine, but better that many over-the-counter big-box store waxes or sealants that novices use. I like its durability. I get 6 months of good protection, so it makes for a great wax to apply in the (late) fall for winter protection here in the upper Midwest.

The other suggestion is from Autopian All-star, Accumulator, and that is Finish-Kare`s 1000P Hi-Temp (the marine equivalent called Hi-Temp Great White). It`s a synthetic sealant/carnauba wax blend that has great protection and durability, but you will need to buy it on-line.

Setec Astronomy
03-17-2015, 09:52 AM
Wow, I`m not sure I`m reading posts from the same thread. Outlander, I presume you are talking about P21S Total Auto Wash? I don`t see how that would be a problem in your Tornador on interior door panels, but I haven`t used either of them.

Accumulator
03-17-2015, 11:33 AM
Which P21s product?

TAW is safe for most any use on most any surface, but some folks might find it pricey. Now whether it`s the *best* product for most any use on most any surface might be open to debate. Gotta love the scent of oranges or it`ll drive you nuts.

GearHead_1
03-17-2015, 12:35 PM
No doubt the OP was asking about the Wash as opposed to the Wax.

Angus
03-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Post #2 feels like a cut & paste from another thread regarding the pros vs cons of P21S `Nuba waxes. Good info for sure, but just off target for the OP`s question.

Lonnie
03-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Post #2 feels like a cut & paste from another thread regarding the pros vs cons of P21S `Nuba waxes. Good info for sure, but just off target for the OP`s question.
Yep. Poster #2 (me) did, indeed, misread/misunderstand OP`s intent with a "tornado", meaning P21S Total Auto Wash (TAW)
No, it was not a cut-n-paste, but a rewrite of information similar to other `nuba discussions within this forum.

Never tried TAW.

tom p.
03-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Never tried TAW.

Good stuff. I`d select something else for interior use. I don`t know what a "tornador" is, but suspect it`s some sort of extractor??

Setec Astronomy
03-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Good stuff. I`d select something else for interior use. I don`t know what a "tornador" is, but suspect it`s some sort of extractor??

Tornador Car Cleaning Tools & Air Foamer (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/tornador-car-cleaning-tools.html)

Angus
03-17-2015, 03:13 PM
No, it was not a cut-n-paste, but a rewrite of information similar to other `nuba discussions within this forum.

Well in that case you are clearly passionate about your waxes. :bigups And I agree with your thoughts on P21S Nuba Wax - it`s good, but not quite as good as Souveran :)

Now back to Tornador and TAW...

outlander
03-17-2015, 06:54 PM
Thanks to everyone on the response to my question. I was writing about the p21s Total Auto Wash. I forgot to mention that in my question.

Accumulator
03-18-2015, 01:18 PM
.. P21S Nuba Wax - it`s good, but not quite as good as Souveran ...

While we`re off-topic anyhow, IMO P21s looks very different from Souveran, much "brighter" and more reflective, with less depth/jetting. Tried it on the Jag in place of Souveran and simply *hated* the look. Might as well have used M16...