PDA

View Full Version : Waffle weave towels?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mikejames
02-20-2015, 10:17 PM
Looking for good waffle weave drying towels, around $9.00 or less each . What would be a better choice? Or something else in this price range that would be better.

Dry Me A River! Jr. 20 x 40 Premium Microfiber Waffle Weave
Meguiars X2000 Water Magnet

The Guz
02-21-2015, 12:44 AM
Can`t go wrong with either one. I would pick up a couple of them. Have you considered the The Edgeless Avalanche (20" x 40" Super Plush Drying Towel)? It`s costs a little more but this thing is huge, soft and absorbs water pretty well.

RMD
02-21-2015, 02:44 AM
Rag co dry me a river gets my vote out of the two you mentioned, and I have both.

SEEBASS
02-21-2015, 02:59 AM
Rag co dry me a river gets my vote out of the two you mentioned, and I have both.

I`m currently after a Waffle Towel and curious why you chose the Dry me River. Could you tell me why it`s your choice pick?

Ecrissman
02-21-2015, 09:34 AM
The guzzler WW don`t impress me. I have heard of good things about "dry me a river" but haven`t bought one. Edit: I just ordered the 2 pack.

mikejames
02-22-2015, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the input guys. So what makes Dry me a river better? Anyone else?

The Driver
02-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Personally less is more. Have you thought about a blower?

mikejames
02-22-2015, 03:45 PM
We are on gravel out in the country, so no blower because of dusting.

conquistador
02-22-2015, 05:42 PM
I must be in the minority on this one but I really dislike the Dry Me A River. I don`t see anything special about it. To me it`s not very soft compared to other waffles I`ve purchased from MFT.

WaxAddict
02-22-2015, 05:55 PM
I must be in the minority on this one but I really dislike the Dry Me A River. I don`t see anything special about it. To me it`s not very soft compared to other waffles I`ve purchased from MFT.

You`re right, Dry Me A River doesn`t feel as soft as my Guzzler or Water Magnet towels, but it performs better and does not mar. If you look at the raised parts of the "waffles", the Dry Me A River is built differently. The raised parts of the waffle are taller, and the size of the pockets are just right. I personally don`t see the Guzzler as being much different than a decent house-brand waffle, but it is a perfectly good towel, but the `River is better IMO and cheaper.

skibik
02-22-2015, 06:58 PM
Not sure about the dry me a river towel but I have the Meg`s towel and I don`t really care for it. It is too small in my book. I then bought Chemical Guy`s SUV drying towel off of Amazon, nice towel but don`t like the corner hand pockets. Bought the Chemical Guys gray colored drying towel and I like that one a lot. Bad thing is both cost outside the budget you listed. After making mistakes buying 16"X16" towels trying to get buy cheap all I can say is you get what you pay for.

silverfox
02-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Dry me a river is a great ww towel, as are all the rag Co`s 100% Korean made products.

Ronkh
02-22-2015, 08:50 PM
My favs = PB WW and Dry me a river

The Driver
02-23-2015, 08:39 AM
One of these works amazing. Normally you would need 2-3 but this what I use always when doing one car.

Microfiber Madness Dry Me Crazy Jr. (16" x 16") - www.CarPro-US.com (http://www.carpro-us.com/stocking-stuffers/microfiber-madness-dry-me-crazy-jr-16-x-16/)

KBsToy
02-23-2015, 10:38 AM
I myself have left the waffle weave to Drive me crazy towels. These are so much softer and my plastic car-toy deserves the best. PLEASE this is just my opinion like everything moneys matters but sometimes you need to splurge :) :)