PDA

View Full Version : Waffle weave for rinseless wash?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ronkh
02-20-2015, 12:59 PM
It`s cold, there`s a car show tonight.

Me being the caveman I am, I haven`t tried the "KB" method of doing an onr wash. Only used a dread micro mitt, then dry with waffle weave.

Car is very dusty and polleny (is that a word), so I was sorta thinking it might be smarter using waffle weave. (soaked in onr similar to kb method)

Thoughts?

JSFM35X
02-20-2015, 01:01 PM
Holly Micro Marring. No, IMHO

Take ONR Mix in 5 gallon bucket about 3 gallons. Add 20 MF Plush or DMTs Let then soak up the ONR

lightly wipe top to bottom. flip repeat in same area. Dry, move around dusty car. Pollen is sharp.

Ronkh
02-20-2015, 01:07 PM

Take ONR Mix in 5 gallon bucket about 3 gallons. Add 20 MF Plush or DMTs Let then soak up the ONR

lightly wipe top to bottom. flip repeat in same area. Dry, move around dusty car. Pollen is sharp.

That`s the exact reason I was thinking ww may be a better option.

I dunno.

But I did buy a 3 gallon bucket just for the technique you described

rottenII
02-20-2015, 01:10 PM

:exactly:

Ronkh
02-20-2015, 01:13 PM
I meant soaking the WW in onr similar to kb method as you are describing.

Setec Astronomy
02-20-2015, 01:14 PM
I`m not sure what you`re asking, or whether you have multiple queries rolled into one--are you pondering using the, well, I like to call it the "Bill D method", but let`s call it the "single-wipe method", where you saturate the media, use it until you run out of clean sides, then change to fresh media (no rinsing), or just talking about using a different media?

I myself can`t get myself to like the towel method, I`m a wash sponge guy, I`d stick with your "dreadlocks" (I call them muppet heads).

EDIT: I see you answered just before I posted. I dunno....you would be a pioneer in using WW as rinseless media...let us know how it works out. I myself see media preference as independent from "single-wipe" vs. rinse bucket.

rottenII
02-20-2015, 01:16 PM

I`m FAR from an expert but I would think the plush MF towels would do a much better job of keeping the dirt and pollen away from the finish as you wipe.

Ronkh
02-20-2015, 01:19 PM
I`m not sure what you`re asking, or whether you have multiple queries rolled into one--are you pondering using the, well, I like to call it the "Bill D method", but let`s call it the "single-wipe method", where you saturate the media, use it until you run out of clean sides, then change to fresh media (no rinsing), or just talking about using a different media?

I myself can`t get myself to like the towel method, I`m a wash sponge guy, I`d stick with your "dreadlocks" (I call them muppet heads).

YEah, I was talking about soaking ww towel in onr as you describe above.

Ronkh
02-20-2015, 01:20 PM
I`m FAR from an expert but I would think the plush MF towels would do a much better job of keeping the dirt and pollen away from the finish as you wipe.

but the waffles give the garbage a place to go?

Setec Astronomy
02-20-2015, 01:23 PM
but the waffles give the garbage a place to go?

I guess you`re a hose guy...er...most people seem to like plush towels for rinseless, although there are still some grout spongers, and certainly some MF mitt people. I think most would say longer nap media gives the dirt more places to go, although then there are grout sponges...

Ronkh
02-20-2015, 01:26 PM
I guess you`re a hose guy...er...most people seem to like plush towels for rinseless, although there are still some grout spongers, and certainly some MF mitt people. I think most would say longer nap media gives the dirt more places to go, although then there are grout sponges...

You know I`m a dinosaur....... :D

My kid brought down the grout sponges for me, but they are still sandy etc (new in package) and haven`t been `conditioned"

So I guess I am a "hoser"

Probably end up being the mitt today since I don`t feel like washing a bunch of towels today

JSFM35X
02-20-2015, 01:34 PM
1. Use your clean wash bucket less the GG, Use DMTs if no plush, WW are mot plush enough to hide sharp contaminants.

Ronkh
02-20-2015, 01:37 PM
1. Use your clean wash bucket less the GG, Use DMTs if no plush, WW are mot plush enough to hide sharp contaminants.

Ok, guess it wasn`t such a good idea......

Setec Astronomy
02-20-2015, 02:17 PM
My kid brought down the grout sponges for me, but they are still sandy etc (new in package) and haven`t been `conditioned"

Ron--grout sponges don`t have grout or sand in them, it`s sea sponges that have sand in them :p

Ronkh
02-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Ron--grout sponges don`t have grout or sand in them, it`s sea sponges that have sand in them :p

Oops

I mean sea sponges (remember when they were the biggest craze? Of course I bot a ton)

Well, I did it with my mitt

Still a dinosaur