PDA

View Full Version : Carnauba Spray / paste wax

Pages : [1] 2 3

KBsToy
02-20-2015, 09:12 AM
Looking for a good carnauba wax to put on my toy after sealing any suggestions ? Spray or paste ? Looking for shine not durability...THANKS !!!KB

Ronkh
02-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Color?

wdmaccord
02-20-2015, 09:19 AM
What is your sealant?

TroyScherer
02-20-2015, 09:44 AM
I am lazy anymore and prefer a spray wax. And IMO the best with some durabilty is Optimum car wax. But there are a lot of options.

The real question is do you prefer spray, liquid, paste. Then we can go from there.

Ronkh
02-20-2015, 09:56 AM
I am lazy anymore and prefer a spray wax. And IMO the best with some durabilty is Optimum car wax. But there are a lot of options.

The real question is do you prefer spray, liquid, paste. Then we can go from there.

Bought OCW, never used it. Is it really that good?

mnehls86
02-20-2015, 10:22 AM
Send it my way and I will let you know hahaha.

TroyScherer
02-20-2015, 10:23 AM

IMO it is one of the better "spray wax" products out there.

Although I know it is a synthetic I consider it more of a wax product than a sealant. The look is more nuba like and not the bright shiny you get from a spray sealant / coating.
I have had it last 3-4+ months on its own in good conditions. So for me it is more than just a post wash wipe down product because it can really leave something long term behind.
It works well as a post wash drying aid if you choose to use it like that.
Some have had streaking issue with it but I usually find that it is weird levels of humidity or using to much and not getting it buffed off. I have only had issues with it once and it was my over use and humidity combined. Since then it works great for me every time.
It acts like a "true wax" in that it can fill some minor marring and such and make your paint look good even if its not perfect.

mnehls86
02-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Looking for a good carnauba wax to put on my toy after sealing any suggestions ? Spray or paste ? Looking for shine not durability...THANKS !!!KB
Is it for the Vette? Personally I like the look of spray sealants better on light color cars but since you are looking carnauba, BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Instant Detailer (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-midnight-sun-detailer.html#.VOdSCfnF9KI) is a mix of carnauba and polymer and I have heard great things about it.

Ronkh
02-20-2015, 10:27 AM
IMO it is one of the better "spray wax" products out there.

Although I know it is a synthetic I consider it more of a wax product than a sealant. The look is more nuba like and not the bright shiny you get from a spray sealant / coating.
I have had it last 3-4+ months on its own in good conditions. So for me it is more than just a post wash wipe down product because it can really leave something long term behind.
It works well as a post wash drying aid if you choose to use it like that.
Some have had streaking issue with it but I usually find that it is weird levels of humidity or using to much and not getting it buffed off. I have only had issues with it once and it was my over use and humidity combined. Since then it works great for me every time.
It acts like a "true wax" in that it can fill some minor marring and such and make your paint look good even if its not perfect.

Thank you

PA DETAILER
02-20-2015, 10:38 AM
The new pinnacle is getting a following.....

XMT 360 Spray Wax Review (In very cold temperature) - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/89064-xmt-360-spray-wax-review-very-cold-temperature.html)

WaxAddict
02-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Don`t forget that a lot of so-called QD`s have wax and can really make your paint pop. Poorboy`s QD+ and FK425 for example. I also like Sonus Carnauba QD - it`s not too expensive and a bit easier to use than the other two, but doesn`t quite have the "wow" factor.

I`m surprised Ron didn`t mention PB QW+.

Edit: I see now your car is White. FK425!

KBsToy
02-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Color?

Arctic White

KBsToy
02-20-2015, 11:00 AM
Is it for the Vette? Personally I like the look of spray sealants better on light color cars but since you are looking carnauba, BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Instant Detailer (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-midnight-sun-detailer.html#.VOdSCfnF9KI) is a mix of carnauba and polymer and I have heard great things about it.

This is going over Sonax PNS

Ronkh
Arctic White

And are you looking for wet or bright bling ?

KBsToy
What is your sealant?

Sonax PNS