PDA

View Full Version : B&S Foam Pads....

Pages : [1] 2 3

ZL1Mark
02-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Good to see Autopia Car Care selling these pads. They offer a nice line from cutting to finishing. They perform very well and are quite durable.

RaysWay
02-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Good to see Autopia Car Care selling these pads. They offer a nice line from cutting to finishing. They perform very well and are quite durable.

Just another advantage we have over the geeks. :cheers:

ZL1Mark
02-16-2015, 05:03 PM
Just another advantage we have over the geeks. :cheers:
:cool:

davidc
02-18-2015, 06:10 AM
Just wish they had the wool pads also. I have the foam for the DA but the rotary needs some wool for the 32` fiberglass RV.

Dave

plumbnsquare
02-18-2015, 08:49 AM
what are you favorite "go to" pads from buff n shine.

which pad are most people using for finishing ? the blue or the black pad ?

As of now I do know for sure that the green uber pad works incredibly well and its pretty much the only pad I use (from that company) for polishing or 1 stepping (with PF2500). I`m assuming the Uber pads are identical (cut/finish) to the buff n shine pads. is this correct ?

mshu7
02-18-2015, 09:47 AM
Bases on what I`ve read, Uber pads are a more premium B&S pad. I swore off LC pads long ago after trying out the B&S/Uber pads. Green is obviously a great one as well as the Orange cutting pad. But their sleeper pad IMO is their yellow heavy cutting pad. Great cut and surprisingly great finish.

bswombaugh
02-18-2015, 11:46 AM
Bases on what I`ve read, Uber pads are a more premium B&S pad. I swore off LC pads long ago after trying out the B&S/Uber pads. Green is obviously a great one as well as the Orange cutting pad. But their sleeper pad IMO is their yellow heavy cutting pad. Great cut and surprisingly great finish.

I use the orange pad quite a bit . It seems to cut well and finishes well on a lot of paints. I would like to try the yellow pad. How would you compare the cut and finish of the yellow pad to the orange pad ?

mshu7
02-18-2015, 11:49 AM
I`ve not really done any in-depth side by side testing so it`s hard to say. I just know I enjoy using the yellow pad and it works REALLY well at cutting and finishing.

ZL1Mark
02-19-2015, 08:38 AM
Whoops.

ZL1Mark
02-19-2015, 08:39 AM
what are you favorite "go to" pads from buff n shine.

which pad are most people using for finishing ? the blue or the black pad ?

As of now I do know for sure that the green uber pad works incredibly well and its pretty much the only pad I use (from that company) for polishing or 1 stepping (with PF2500). I`m assuming the Uber pads are identical (cut/finish) to the buff n shine pads. is this correct ?
They`re all good. For finishing, I try the blue pad first.

Bases on what I`ve read, Uber pads are a more premium B&S pad.
No, they`re the same exact pads.

mshu7
02-19-2015, 08:40 AM
When I say premium, I`m referring to the extra bevelling around the edge, and stuff like that. But yea, same foam.

pwaug
02-19-2015, 09:16 AM
There is no extra bevelling on the Uber pads. They are the same great pads made by B&S, but the Uber pads have DD logo and the suggested purpose of the pad printed on the Velcro. I believe HD pads are also B&S pads.

mshu7
02-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Compared to the B&S pads that ADS sells, the Uber pads are indeed different. The Uber pads have extra beveling. Trust me, I have both.

I`m not knocking the uber pads for being more premium vs ads, I`m saying I like the uber pads.

ZL1Mark
02-19-2015, 09:55 AM
There is no extra bevelling on the Uber pads. They are the same great pads made by B&S, but the Uber pads have DD logo and the suggested purpose of the pad printed on the Velcro. I believe HD pads are also B&S pads.
That`s what I thought too, and yes, the HD pads are B&S pads.

Compared to the B&S pads that ADS sells, the Uber pads are indeed different. The Uber pads have extra beveling. Trust me, I have both.

I`m not knocking the uber pads for being more premium vs ads, I`m saying I like the uber pads.
What size pads are you referring to?

The 5" pads have no beveling, the 6" pads do.

pwaug
02-19-2015, 02:08 PM

ADS is the only supplier that sells B&S 5.5" pads with no beveling--I know because I bought some from them and had to return them--don`t ask me why ADS carries this type of pad because I think the beveled edge is a great safety point when polishing near protrusions. Every other supplier of B&S 5.5" pads have the beveled edges which are standard B&S. I get my 5.5" from Autoality and they have the beveled edge. Autopia also sells the B&S with the beveled edge as well as a number of other suppliers.