PDA

View Full Version : Insectiside 2 gallon sprayer for degreaser?

Pages : [1] 2

jlift
04-25-2006, 04:19 PM
I am thinking about using one of those garden insectiside sprayers, the 2 gallon ones that you need to pump up in order to pressurize, and fill it full of some brand of engine degreaser in order to use on my truck and car engine. The advantage being that the thing wand will be able to get into tight engine areas and spray the degreaser. Anyone ever been there/done that? how does it work?

thanks...
Jack

CalgaryDetail
04-25-2006, 04:21 PM
I like the idea, i have yet to try it but i think it would work well. I think it would come in handy for getting the engine as well as the wheels/tires. I personaly dont liking to have to pump a million times on a sprayer to do a whole engine. I think if i could use oe of those things it would make life much eiser. I think im going to have to try it

Mikeyc
04-25-2006, 05:06 PM
I bought one of these sprayers. However, I fill it with water and rinseless wash soap. I usually use it to spray down the car as a pre-rinse during the winter. I will say that the sprayer on mine is great and would work very well for what you`re thinking of.

TrueDetailer
04-25-2006, 05:50 PM
I`ve got one with a APC in it, it works good. It`ll save you some time too..

jdoria
04-25-2006, 06:32 PM
I had them in my clean up shop and my body shop. They are great. Also try the handheld size if you feel the size suits you better.

audiboy
04-25-2006, 07:44 PM
I have one of the handheld ones that I use to spray down carpets. It works pretty well as long as you keep the nozzle clean.

Richard M. Lyon
04-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Yes they work great!. let your degreaser set a few mins.Then use hot water if you can. I also have one for soap. I think it cuts down on the chance of getting dirt on my mitt.

kasperj
04-26-2006, 10:36 PM
If the pumping bothers you I think that they make models that have a schrader(sp?) valve (like on a bicycle tire) that you can just instantly pressurize with an air compressor. You might want to look into that or im sure that a standard garden sprayer could be easily outfitted with the schrader valve to suit your needs.

Solo Cali
04-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Great idea, I use it for my wheels and tires. Stoners makes a good "Wheel & Tire" AIO that`s works out for me with my fleet job`s.

mperozzo
05-22-2006, 04:22 PM
I am thinking about using one of those garden insectiside sprayers, the 2 gallon ones that you need to pump up in order to pressurize, and fill it full of some brand of engine degreaser in order to use on my truck and car engine. The advantage being that the thing wand will be able to get into tight engine areas and spray the degreaser. Anyone ever been there/done that? how does it work?

thanks...
Jack

I use exactly what you`re talking about. It`s the only time I`ve ever gone to the Farmer`s Feed Store here. It works great! The wand helps you get into every hard-to-reach area. Mine also sprays very evenly. Not too misty, and not like a jet... just right.

I`d recomend that technique to anyone!

hemin8r
06-16-2006, 09:27 AM
I use it with the degreaser to spray the engine down. Nice even spray & yes it does get into tight spaces. I use it for the wheel wells as well. Nice tool to have.

carazy
06-16-2006, 01:35 PM
I was at Big Lots yesterday and they had a hand held sprayer for $3.99. I pickup up a couple just for that purpose. Haven`t used it yet but should do the trick. It is 1.5 quarts, but should be large enough for me.

Havuser
01-15-2007, 09:20 AM
I`ll have to remember that for when/if spring comes. I was always spraying Simple Green with a normal spray bottle and hoping it could get everywhere I needed it to. :thanks

JohnZ3MC
01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
They work well and will be ideal for your engine compartment cleaning.
Take time to look around and get one with multiple spray inserts so you have a little more flexibility on your spray pattern.
I have a 2 gallon one I use for Armor All in my wheel wells. (misting tip with high pressure works well) The wand makes reaching in easy.
A wider tip is used for moss control on the roof (of the house, not the roof of the car).
Flexibility is good.
-John C.

PhaRO
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM
I have a 2 gallon that I`ve sprayed a lot of stuff though. I had used it a few times to clean my cars with rinseless washes. While it worked fine I prefer to use a bucket when cleaning the cars with ONR. I believe I got it at Lowes for around $20. Doesn`t require a whole lot of pumping to work. I hadn`t used it in a while and just today put it in my truck. I`ve been using ONR for washes at work almost exclusively. I`ve been using a trigger spray bottle with high output for wheels, tires and wheels. I`m getting tired of going through triggers on the spray bottles so going to try the tank out. If anyone uses a stainless steel sprayer don`t put acids (or probably acidic chemical) in them. Apparently they can explode.