PDA

View Full Version : C Quartz finest and Gyeon MOHs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mike lambert
01-16-2015, 07:16 PM
These are a couple pictures to ponder.
Application felt after 24 hours drying. Both used one time on one panel then set aside to dry.
The first is finest the second is MOHs. You be the judge.http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a555/theshineshop/408ce66f9e162746231f57bf38952865_zps7083e52a.jpght tp://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a555/theshineshop/1e466005748b835a6c36b6b2bdc438d0_zpsf4f0449a.jpg

Ronkh
01-17-2015, 08:53 AM
interesting

TroyScherer
01-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Hmm...

I think it`s time for some hardness testing on panels.

CEE DOG
01-17-2015, 10:45 AM
Had a few of our Finest installers texted me the link with the note. "My applicators are always stiff! What`s he talking about?"

Unfortunately your leftovers from half a year ago are an outdated formula. We improved it to the current version months ago which now cures with an extremely high percentage solids on paint - the highest in the industry as I understand it

One of our installers tested it with a HARD CORE compound and needed two cycles to remove completely [emoji6]

Ronkh
01-17-2015, 10:53 AM
. We improved it to the current version months ago

Well, at least it`s not "user error"

Ronkh
01-17-2015, 10:59 AM
Had a few of our Finest installers texted me the link with the note. "My applicators are always stiff! What`s he talking about?"

Unfortunately your leftovers from half a year ago are an outdated formula. We improved it to the current version months ago which now cures with an extremely high percentage solids on paint - the highest in the industry as I understand it

One of our installers tested it with a HARD CORE compound and needed two cycles to remove completely [emoji6]

Corey,
As of late, when anyone has a problem with one of your products you resort to "user error" and in this case you are calling the original poster a liar (in a round about way).

Maybe it`s time to start listening to your customers, instead of berating them or swinging back.

Just like my reload problems, or xxboostinsXX leather/fabric coatings problems. "user error", "but we have a new improved version", "but your problem is user error"

You used to be nice and helpful when you first started, now.............................................. Not so much

What happened?

Jean-Claude
01-17-2015, 12:03 PM
I`ve used every single version of CQuartz Finest over the last 2 years I`ve been installing it and I`ve never, not once, had the applicator cure soft as that picture infers. Either you got a faulty product, the applicator fabric was not fully used to where you`re holding it or there is a bias take going on. Mike, I see your coating of choice, per your website`s advertising, is MOH`s. Are you sure you held the same standard to the product that competes with the product you use?

By the way, how old is the version of CQF that you used? Did you use a version of MOH`s that was of the same vintage? I do not know all things and maybe this is a version that was prior to me using CQF? But even if it was, how would it be accurate/fair to try out a sample that was sitting on a shelf for years and that was an older version against a newer product?

I am genuinely curious about how this CQF would act differently from what I`ve experienced for years. Mind filling in some blanks?

Ronkh
01-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Funny............. Here and stingray forums, when someone has a problem a ton of "authorized installers" come out swinging and say how wrong the problem is, it has to be a lie or user error.

IMHO - carpro might be more concerned with pleasing customers, than trashing people or calling them liars

Ronkh
01-17-2015, 12:32 PM
By the way, how old is the version of CQF that you used? Did you use a version of MOH`s that was of the same vintage? I do not know all things and maybe this is a version that was prior to me using CQF? But even if it was, how would it be accurate/fair to try out a sample that was sitting on a shelf for years and that was an older version against a newer product?

I`ve got a bottle of uk (sealed) that is 6 months old? Do you suggest I throw it out???????????

I`ve been saving it for when I finally decide to polish out the reload problems

Flannigan
01-17-2015, 01:29 PM
I never had a problem with you before Mike, but it would be nice if you told the whole story so people could realize why you are bashing on a product that you used to sell. Funny you never had an issue with Finest while you were still installing it, but after you get dropped the bashing begins.

Also, I`ve been using Finest for a long time and in many forms. The current version definitely leaves the applicators stiff, but the version before does not, at least not immediately. The ability of a product to bond to fabric, that was designed to bond to paint doesn`t really matter. That is like spray Car Pro Leather on the paint and bashing it for not preventing swirls. If you`re gonna bash a product at least be honest with everyone and tell them why.

Ronkh
01-17-2015, 01:31 PM
I never had a problem with you before Mike, but it would be nice if you told the whole story so people could realize why you are bashing on a product that you used to sell. Funny you never had an issue with Finest while you were still installing it, but after you get dropped the bashing begins.

Also, I`ve been using Finest for a long time and in many forms. The current version definitely leaves the applicators stiff, but the version before does not, at least not immediately. The ability of a product to bond to fabric, that was designed to bond to paint doesn`t really matter. That is like spray Car Pro Leather on the paint and bashing it for not preventing swirls. If you`re gonna bash a product at least be honest with everyone and tell them why.

So exactly why was he dropped??????

I have my opinion.........

you post your opinion, I`ll post mine

Flannigan
01-17-2015, 01:37 PM
So exactly why was he dropped??????

I have my opinion.........

you post your opinion, I`ll post mine

Undercutting other installers by selling below MAP pricing. And that isn`t a story I`ve heard, I have lost customers to him based on his below MAP pricing. That said, I`ve never seen bad work come out of his shop, but I`ll be damned if I`m going to play by the rules when a guy near by is getting jobs because he will work for nothing.

GearHead_1
01-17-2015, 01:40 PM
One man`s nothing is another man`s everything. Long live the free market system.

Ronkh
01-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Undercutting other installers by selling below MAP pricing. And that isn`t a story I`ve heard, I have lost customers to him based on his below MAP pricing. That said, I`ve never seen bad work come out of his shop, but I`ll be damned if I`m going to play by the rules when a guy near by is getting jobs because he will work for nothing.

So the truth FINALLY comes out.

I may be wrong, but I believe price fixing is illegal.

JSFM35X
01-17-2015, 01:42 PM
I did not see "Flannigan`s post until I read Ron`s above. All I would say to Flannigan is, Mike Lambert has some serious street cred on this board. He had not bashed Cquarts, only posted a comparison so that we could make our own judgment. If you care to refute it, that`s fine, but if you want to come off a believable on this forum, you need to put your time in building credibility. If you post now, I`m thinking Elmer`s glue in your cloth.

IMHO, you blew your opportunity to MAKE YOUR POINT. I really post this so that you and others can learn something from an old guy whose been making a living selling his whole life. A complaint is an opportunity to gain a loyal customer if you can demonstrate how your product works. If not, you can bash the person delivering the message. How`s that been working for ya?

You can keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results but that is the definition of insanity.

I`m with Mike Lambert. He been helpful and I have spoken to him live. He has been honest in his advice to me (a guy taking care of his own cars) on the phone. He never once bashed Cquartz, the product or the people and he could have as it was off line informal conversation. He took the high road in my opinion, and I find him to be a authority on detailing based on the work he has posted and the fact that a guy with a P1 would do some in depth research selecting the best guy he could find to do his car, since money is obviously there for a top notch detail.