PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz Fabric & Leather

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

XxBoostinxX
01-13-2015, 06:15 PM
DO NOT USE IT. For the past few months I have been battling an ongoing war with this product because it has began to leave white spots on my black leather seats. I have tried to clean my seats 3 times now with OPC at full strength and all it does is laugh at it. Apparently it cannot be removed! If I knew this ahead of time there is NO WAY I would of used it. Enjoy the pictures of my now ruined, never reproduced, Saleen seats.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/13/977ee18ea850bb7db91b616177a1842a.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/13/a64392a5f72cf6eb415271c2d56b9953.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/13/b3345f9a576d83cf8833fd9da366c66e.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/01/13/d7ff3607172d11e5db73b60f5a9f2819.jpg

Ronkh
01-13-2015, 06:37 PM
I only used it on my steering wheel (no problem) and on carpet and floor matts.

The floor matts are another story. They seem to be a dirt magnet. I`ll post pics tomorrow.

I do remember that you said something about this a long time ago. In my hack estimation, the sprayer on these bottles has a lot to be desired. It is either a weak spray, or if it sprays stronger, little drops come out as well as mist.

This for me is just another example of carpro putting out merchandise that IMHO is not ready for prime time.

I`m sorta waiting for someone to come on here and say it was your fault, that you didn`t do something right. Or a few "authorized installers" will start saying they never have problems, and/or start posting some jobs they did with said product. (these I have seen on other forums)

XxBoostinxX
01-13-2015, 06:50 PM
I only used it on my steering wheel (no problem) and on carpet and floor matts.

The floor matts are another story. They seem to be a dirt magnet. I`ll post pics tomorrow.

I do remember that you said something about this a long time ago. In my hack estimation, the sprayer on these bottles has a lot to be desired. It is either a weak spray, or if it sprays stronger, little drops come out as well as mist.

This for me is just another example of carpro putting out merchandise that IMHO is not ready for prime time.

I`m sorta waiting for someone to come on here and say it was your fault, that you didn`t do something right. Or a few "authorized installers" will start saying they never have problems, and/or start posting some jobs they did with said product. (these I have seen on other forums)

I have already received the "it`s not the products fault" from CarPro.

They are also saying its "semi-permanent".... I guess that`s why it`s coming off my leather seats so easily now (sarcasm) [emoji34].

Ronkh
01-13-2015, 06:59 PM
I`ve got black label sittin on the shelf. Gotta get ambition enough to do it

Ronkh
01-13-2015, 07:01 PM
I have already received the "it`s not the products fault" from CarPro.

They are also saying its "semi-permanent".... I guess that`s why it`s coming off my leather seats so easily now (sarcasm) [emoji34].

mebbe time to put reviews on aa store and ag store

but the fact that it`s semi-perm, might at this point make life easier

but what do I know, i`m just a hack

XxBoostinxX
01-13-2015, 07:26 PM

but the fact that it`s semi-perm, might at this point make life easier

but what do I know, i`m just a hack

His point on it being semi-permanent was that it will "eventually" wear off. Which could be tomorrow or next year. But at what point do I live with the spots?

You don`t give yourself enough credit Ron. If you decide to try the Black Label do a test spot on the bottom somewhere first. I wish I would of [emoji17].

rbss
01-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your leather seats I would be real pissed! If OPC didn`t work I dont know what will. I have had good luck using Ultima Interior Shampoo and a steamer. I have never tried to remove CQF&L but its worth a shot.

The Guz
01-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your leather. Hopefully it does wear off. I would be upset as well.

That would be good to do. Plus you also get points for doing do :cool:

XxBoostinxX
01-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Sorry to hear about your leather seats I would be real pissed! If OPC didn`t work I dont know what will. I have had good luck using Ultima Interior Shampoo and a steamer. I have never tried to remove CQF&L but its worth a shot.
Thanks bud. Believe me I am mad as crap. Especially when it is perceived as my fault and not the product. If you are going to sell and support a product, then you should stand by it!

I was thinking about going that route. I have never used a steamer though. Do you know if there is anywhere to rent one?

Sorry to hear about your leather. Hopefully it does wear off. I would be upset as well.

That would be good to do. Plus you also get points for doing do :cool:

Thanks bud. I`m glad I am not the only one that would be mad. It`s almost like I felt crazy for being upset.

The problem with leaving a review is its the previous C&L, not the "updated" version. I think I`m done with CarPro.

rbss
01-13-2015, 08:51 PM
Thanks bud. Believe me I am mad as crap. Especially when it is perceived as my fault and not the product. If you are going to sell and support a product, then you should stand by it!

I was thinking about going that route. I have never used a steamer though. Do you know if there is anywhere to rent one?.

I`m not sure where to rent one maybe Lowes, home Depot? If your a part time detailer or weekend warrior I would look at buying one it is very handy. The Mcculloch 1275 (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mcculloch-Mc1275-Heavy-Steam-Cleaner/10771195)is a good steamer without spending a butt load of money lol.

Stokdgs
01-13-2015, 09:08 PM
XxBoostinxX -

Wow - so sorry to see what happened to your beautiful Saleen seats..

How did the product act on your seats when you first put it on ? Slippery? Sticky? Grabby? ???

Is the product that bright white color ? And it somehow stuck to the leather and wont come off but only on a few places ?

When you talked to Corey about it, what did he tell you to do ? He has been around a long time and always seemed to be a very straight up guy to me...

Has Carpro done anything to try to help mitigate this for you ? Any Carpro Installers in your area ??

If you decide to use Steam, please be careful, and not get everything too hot...

I only steam using my VX5000 and the big triangular brush with a white towel, 2 layers over the brush head and pulled tight and velcro`d to the brush stem..

Have these seats sat out in the sun for a long enough time to really get them really hot before ?

Do you have any Leather Masters Cleaners available to try on just a little spot to see what happens ?

I have steamed hundreds of leather seats using Zaino Z9 Leather Soft Cleaner sprayed on the seats and lightly brushed in, then steamed, then wiped off carefully with clean white cotton towels to see what is coming off or not...

The Z9 has worked really great on about every make and model leather, and always left them really clean and soft, and ready for whatever leather conditioner you want to put on them..

Again, sorry this had to happen..

Good luck with this !
Dan F

XxBoostinxX
01-13-2015, 10:08 PM
I`m not sure where to rent one maybe Lowes, home Depot? If your a part time detailer or weekend warrior I would look at buying one it is very handy. The Mcculloch 1275 (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mcculloch-Mc1275-Heavy-Steam-Cleaner/10771195)is a good steamer without spending a butt load of money lol.

That is the one I was just looking at lol. I guess it`s time I get one anyway. I hear I can use it all over the house so might as well. Thanks again for your input. It`s much appreciated bud.

XxBoostinxX -

Wow - so sorry to see what happened to your beautiful Saleen seats..

How did the product act on your seats when you first put it on ? Slippery? Sticky? Grabby? ???

Is the product that bright white color ? And it somehow stuck to the leather and wont come off but only on a few places ?

When you talked to Corey about it, what did he tell you to do ? He has been around a long time and always seemed to be a very straight up guy to me...

Has Carpro done anything to try to help mitigate this for you ? Any Carpro Installers in your area ??

If you decide to use Steam, please be careful, and not get everything too hot...

I only steam using my VX5000 and the big triangular brush with a white towel, 2 layers over the brush head and pulled tight and velcro`d to the brush stem..

Have these seats sat out in the sun for a long enough time to really get them really hot before ?

Do you have any Leather Masters Cleaners available to try on just a little spot to see what happens ?

I have steamed hundreds of leather seats using Zaino Z9 Leather Soft Cleaner sprayed on the seats and lightly brushed in, then steamed, then wiped off carefully with clean white cotton towels to see what is coming off or not...

The Z9 has worked really great on about every make and model leather, and always left them really clean and soft, and ready for whatever leather conditioner you want to put on them..

Again, sorry this had to happen..

Good luck with this !
Dan F

If I can recall, at first it was somewhat grabby.

Yes, it`s the bright white specks that seem somewhat embedded into the leather. No, they won`t come off at all. Even if I take my fingernail and try to scratch at it... It does nothing.

I talked to Corey through email. He has never seen or heard of this before. At first he said there was little to nothing I could do. Then when I seemed like my seats were ruined, "oh it`s semi-permanent and will eventually wear off through use". So....... He said to use some leather safe APC and rub it with a microfiber and follow up with a damp towel. It seemed to work at first, but then after a few minutes the white specks start showing back up. I`m guessing the water from the damp cloth is just evaporating.

These seats can get pretty hot in the summer. Actually hot enough to burn the crap out of you lol.

Never heard of Leather Master Cleaners bud? So, I`m not really sure.

If I decide to go that with the steamer YOU will be the first person I contact Dan. [emoji6]

Thank you for your input and concern bud, it`s always very appreciated [emoji106].

Edit: I do have a CarPro installer in my area and know him pretty well. I am gonna contact him and see what he says.

Ronkh
01-14-2015, 11:20 AM
ck the reviews

CarPro Cquartz Fabric & Leather Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/fabric-leather-coating.html#reviews)

XxBoostinxX
01-14-2015, 11:26 AM
ck the reviews

CarPro Cquartz Fabric & Leather Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/fabric-leather-coating.html#reviews)

That sticky feeling they are referring to is awful. My seats were like that as well. The leather doesn`t feel natural at all with this stuff on it.

Ronkh
01-14-2015, 11:33 AM
That sticky feeling they are referring to is awful. My seats were like that as well. The leather doesn`t feel natural at all with this stuff on it.

my steering wheel too
matts too