PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of or used Stay Fresh Car products?

Pages : [1] 2

Anthony O.
12-17-2014, 08:58 PM
I have never heard of these products? Are they private labeled or in house manufactured?

If someone has used them your thoughts? Any similarities to other products?

This thread I am involved in is interesting.....Rinseless wash (http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-detailing/30368-rinseless-wash.html)

Anthony

Setec Astronomy
12-17-2014, 10:18 PM
I`ve never heard of them...but he`s got to know more than you Anthony--you`ve only got 5 posts! I looked at the contact info and it`s a PO Box...he must have a hard time making all those products in that tiny box! They were started in 2012...I would say "Kam" was born about the time you opened your shop. Maybe he caught some of your YouTube videos about detailing...when he was in Jr. High.

You are always cool as a cucumber with these guys, Anthony, kudos to you.

Swanicyouth
12-17-2014, 10:20 PM
Never heard of SF. But, I read the discussion and agree with points both of you were making. All things being equal, I think using a rinseless wash solution is just as safe a traditional soap if used correctly. I also think rinseless is better for your LSP and the car comes out looking a bit nicer due to polymers in the rinseless product.

However, I do agree pressure washing prior to using a rinseless solution is "safer" than just wiping dirt off the paint with a rinseless solution. It`s a hard point to argue that it`s safer to wipe away a degree of dirt that can be rinsed off prior to touching the paint.

I disagree that "suds" or foam is useless. While I don`t think it ads to the cleaning power of the solution, it does prevent some soap from immediately running off the surface like water. As an example, it`s much easier to use a wheel cleaner that suds / foams well than one that doesn`t foam at all.

A big draw back to a pure rinseless method wash is cleaning wheels and wheel wells. While it can be done, it`s much easier and more effective to use water and traditional cleaners to rinse as much of this dirt away as possible before attacking it. Foamy wheel cleaners also cling to the surface to give you time to clean the wheel - and rinsing the dirt away instead of re-depositing it into a bucket of rinseless solution is beneficial.

Since cleaning wheels is an integral part of a detail, I choose to just pressure rinse the car after I clean the wheels - and then clean it with a rinseless / waterless solution most of the time. I`m not trying to save water - but wash the car in the safest and most affective way for me. I`ve used this method long term and I`ve proven to myself it doesn`t cause marring of the paint - as I can`t see how pressure rinsing the vehicle before using a rinseless wash could be in anyway detrimental - only beneficial.

SYMAWD
12-17-2014, 11:27 PM
There`s someone on 9thgencivic who seems to spam their products every now and then, but other than that I haven`t heard anything about them.

Anthony O.
12-18-2014, 12:04 AM
I`ve never heard of them...but he`s got to know more than you Anthony--you`ve only got 5 posts! I looked at the contact info and it`s a PO Box...he must have a hard time making all those products in that tiny box! They were started in 2012...I would say "Kam" was born about the time you opened your shop. Maybe he caught some of your YouTube videos about detailing...when he was in Jr. High.

You are always cool as a cucumber with these guys, Anthony, kudos to you.

Ha, thanks. Years of debating within theological circles has taught me patience....and to chill because it`s just wax, right?

Anthonoy

Anthony O.
12-18-2014, 12:19 AM
I disagree that "suds" or foam is useless. While I don`t think it ads to the cleaning power of the solution, it does prevent some soap from immediately running off the surface like water. As an example, it`s much easier to use a wheel cleaner that suds / foams well than one that doesn`t foam at all.

A big draw back to a pure rinseless method wash is cleaning wheels and wheel wells. While it can be done, it`s much easier and more effective to use water and traditional cleaners to rinse as much of this dirt away as possible before attacking it. Foamy wheel cleaners also cling to the surface to give you time to clean the wheel - and rinsing the dirt away instead of re-depositing it into a bucket of rinseless solution is beneficial.

First thanks for posting.

Second, I do agree with the wheels and tires part. I also use a prssure washer on these areas to thoroughly clean them if dirty. For me it becomes "time equals money"

I do question though the "foam" clinging or being slower to run off thought. Now "foam" by itself may be slower to run off but it alone has no cleaning ability. Think of the wheel cleaners with a thicker viscosity that actually clean yet no foam is present. In the end it`s almost always agitation that is needed and wipes away grime.

As I had stated in that thread, if one could use an oil to wash their car that would be ideal for lubrication yet not much would get clean as the oil has no cleaning properties....well in this sense but some oils can be used for various cleaning chores. The oil would in fact provide too much lubricity.

There`s a fine line where both aspects of cleaning and lubrication must be meet. Not enough lubrication and you can get marring. Too much and the agitation of the cleaning process is useless.

I also believe that the drying process introduces the marring more so then the wash process. If one can use a drying agent they are much better off.

Take care,
Anthony

Ronkh
12-18-2014, 07:34 AM
more patience than I have :D

Anthony O.
12-18-2014, 09:35 AM
Well I have now been left scratchin my head.

Here is his latest response to me after I put up a quick blurb about ONR.

Right when I saw this I had to laugh! "encapsulating polymers"

There is no such thing!

Oh the joys of fancy advertising words.....

I have to stop responding at this point Anthony.

Kam

There is no such thing?

Why do people not use a new thing called `Google"? It allows you to do a search within published material on this fancy thingy called the "INTRANET" :blink:

Setec Astronomy
12-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Why should he google it Anthony, he knows it all already. Pretty sad that someone who "manufactures" his own products doesn`t even understand the difference between QD and rinseless, it`s not like rinseless is something new at this point--I mean if he wants to argue against it at least know what you are arguing against...

jsou
12-18-2014, 09:46 AM
I`ve dealt with them and used some of their products. It`s like any other boutique brand. The owner claims they have their own chemists and does everything in-house.

I tried becoming a distributor for them a while ago but realized the ROI and prices they were selling the products to me for wasn`t cost effective.

Didn`t see the thread you were involved in but I`d say take the high road. These guys aren`t professional detailers...they`re product sellers, that`s it.

TroyScherer
12-18-2014, 09:56 AM
I haven`t really heard or seen them. But based on scanning over their posts and threads they seem to be similar to Adams in that they are a boutique brand that focuses on "Car guys" and not really "detailers".

I would love to see their setup if they claim to make all there own stuff. Its funny how when you ask that question they usually try and avoid it or just ignore.

jsou
12-18-2014, 10:11 AM
I see Kwazar spray bottles, Towels that look almost identical to the rag company, clay alternatives, and other tools that look like they were sourced from Maxshine china store.

When they told me that Meguiar`s products aren`t good because they sit on the shelves too long and have an expiration date...that was it for me.

Anthony O.
12-18-2014, 10:26 AM
I see Kwazar spray bottles, Towels that look almost identical to the rag company, clay alternatives, and other tools that look like they were sourced from Maxshine china store.

When they told me that Meguiar`s products aren`t good because they sit on the shelves too long and have an expiration date...that was it for me.

Eh...ya, Okay. Ha.....hahha Oh man that`s a good one! Sits on the shelf too long, ha oh what a sense of humor they have!:);)

One would think if school taught one anything it would be "research". I would in no way break into an area of commerce blind. Say for instance ....mens fashion. I have no business telling another guy how to dress, what jacket to wear to what event with what shoes, slacks and tie because I still use Garanimals myself with matching tags!! So I would have to research and research that area first and foremost.

Swanicyouth
12-18-2014, 10:45 AM
I dunno. I`m not a chemist, but when I cleaner foams it seems easier to use for me because it hangs on the surface longer. It doesn`t run off, so it gives you time to agitate it.

I notice this most when cleaning wheels, but wheels are just a complex surface - so I`m thinking the principles can be extrapolated to any surface.

But, I`m not saying the SF guy is right. All and all - rinseless washes work well and a lot of pros use them. Is Mile Phillips a pro? He uses rinseless / waterless a lot.

Is Gary Dean a pro? I would say so. He even has a rinseless method named after him and his own products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony O.
12-19-2014, 03:58 PM
I`m gonna be banned.....wait for it.......wait....