PDA

View Full Version : Recommended waxes with filling power?

Pages : [1] 2

WaxAddict
12-13-2014, 10:51 PM
The waxes I use are all intended for well maintained cars, and do no filling to speak of. While my cars are swirl-free, one of them shows love marks (towel marks) all too easily. I`ve decided to stop chasing these ghosts and just cheat a bit. This car is dark blue and marks up much easier than our black car. Does anyone know of a good quality wax with fillers? I`ve heard 1Z Glanz is good?

for reference, my waxes in rotation lately are NLB, Lusso, a few Dodos, and 915. None of these seem to fill.

Dan
12-14-2014, 08:27 AM
The waxes I use are all intended for well maintained cars, and do no filling to speak of. While my cars are swirl-free, one of them shows love marks (towel marks) all too easily. I`ve decided to stop chasing these ghosts and just cheat a bit. This car is dark blue and marks up much easier than our black car. Does anyone know of a good quality wax with fillers? I`ve heard 1Z Glanz is good?

for reference, my waxes in rotation lately are LNB, Lusso, a few Dodos, and 915. None of these seem to fill.
Megs ultimate is about the best durable filler I have used. There are others that fill better but they don`t make it past a rain.

Ronkh
12-14-2014, 08:49 AM
Natty`s blue paste

WaxAddict
12-14-2014, 09:42 AM
Natty`s blue paste

Really? Natty`s Liquid Blue doesn`t seem to fill.

Swanicyouth
12-14-2014, 09:53 AM
IME the worse the paint - the better the filling appearance. Part of the "filling" is just the gloss wax offers. If your looking critically at light swirls in a dark car - most things won`t offer an appreciable difference. It seems backwards - but this is my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronkh
12-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Really? Natty`s Liquid Blue doesn`t seem to fill.

imho liquid blue should really be liquid red

tropicsteve
12-14-2014, 10:32 AM
wonder if any of the new black waxes would help?
Chemical Guys BLACK Wax (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/chemical-guys-black-car-wax.html#.VI2tJJV0xMw)
Meguiars Black Wax (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/meguiars-black-paste-wax.html#.VI2tRpV0xMw)
probably a best bet to still take an extra glazing step first before waxing. Poorboy (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/black-hole-show-glaze.html#.VI2uAZV0xMw)

Bunky
12-14-2014, 11:55 AM
I find Blackfire Black Ice fills.

Ronkh
12-14-2014, 12:02 PM
bilt hammer auto balm. be prepared to be able to lift the front of your car after (cuz of the muscles you`ll make applying and removing)

smarter move would be black hole+nattys blue

WaxAddict
12-14-2014, 02:13 PM
IME the worse the paint - the better the filling appearance. Part of the "filling" is just the gloss wax offers. If your looking critically at light swirls in a dark car - most things won`t offer an appreciable difference. It seems backwards - but this is my experience.

THIS is food for thought. I was looking at the insanely swirled hood of a friends car the other day, and of course gave him a friendly jab. He wasn`t the least bit concerned because the car "needed to be waxed". I explained that wax alone isn`t going to do it. He said, from experience, that Meg`s Cleaner Wax "gets rid of it".

hmm, steel wool, red shop towel wipe down, then Meg`s A12....:P

WaxAddict
12-14-2014, 02:25 PM
bilt hammer auto balm. be prepared to be able to lift the front of your car after (cuz of the muscles you`ll make applying and removing)

smarter move would be black hole+nattys blue

Bilt Hamber might be like bringing a gun to a knife fight, but then, I`ve tried Black Hole and love the look but it`s not filling these micro scratches. A quick pass with FF4000 gets them easy, green pad, but I can`t polish every time I touch the car.

Ronkh
12-14-2014, 03:16 PM
Bilt Hamber might be like bringing a gun to a knife fight, but then, I`ve tried Black Hole and love the look but it`s not filling these micro scratches. A quick pass with FF4000 gets them easy, green pad, but I can`t polish every time I touch the car.

apply black hole - do not remove - apply natty`s blue over black hole - remove together

Junebug
12-14-2014, 04:19 PM
It`s not a wax, per se But Prima Amigo is good.

David Fermani
12-14-2014, 04:38 PM

for reference, my waxes in rotation lately are NLB, Lusso, a few Dodos, and 915. None of these seem to fill.

Keep in mind that pretty much most waxes/sealants are oil based and most will fill by depositing oil on the surface. This oil fills in spider web marring considerably until it gets washed away or evaporates.

Dellinger
12-15-2014, 02:22 AM
As David stated, any/every LSP will fill to an extent.

For me, Meg`s ULW, HD Poxy fill well. HD Express fills really well and is surprisingly durable +/- 6 weeks for a spray/quick wax.