PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Waterless Wash Product?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WaxAddict
12-12-2014, 10:16 PM
To accompany the recent favorite rinseless product post, I`d like to ask what your favorite Waterless Wash product is. No poll, just want to know what you think, what you`ve tried and settled on.

:autopia:

TroyScherer
12-13-2014, 07:30 AM
IMO UWWP is the all around champion.

silverfox
12-13-2014, 08:04 AM
Megs D115 is without equal in terms of results in my view.

Ronkh
12-13-2014, 08:23 AM
PB Spray and Wipe

sjb89
12-13-2014, 09:11 AM
Poor Boys Spray and Wipe. Great stuff, great price !

whis9
12-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Just tried this stuff, it pretty awesome
Just playing around on Amazon one day and stumbled across it
Amazon.com: Smartwax 20105 SmartONE Waterless Wash Wax and Sealant In One - 16 oz.: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028SH6PE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Swanicyouth
12-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Mostly I use Pinnacle. It`s one of the few that have "wax" in it. It has a great dilution ratio - so I can use a ton of it to soak things down. It`s smells great and just works well.

The way I see it, rather than getting into minutiae about this one is slicker, etc... based on anecdotal data - the real difference is how much product you use. I think using a lot of WW to soak the panel and the towel makes more difference to prevent marring than any specific brand.

So, since the dilution ration is so high with Pinnacle - you can use a ton and not worry about "how much am I using"...

I really like PB`s products, but couldn`t see buying WW RTU by the gallon - as I use too much of it. A can make a gallon of Pinnacle for a few dollars. I just can`t grasp buying RTU WW. Now if PBs came out with a high dilution WW product - I`d surely give it a try.

Billy Jack
12-13-2014, 01:39 PM
I`ve tried Dri-Wash, Griot`s, OptiClean, UWWW+ and a few more I don`t remember.
IMO, the Ultima wins by a mile. I even use it as a spray detailer on my garage queen for the extra margin of protection.
However, the Dri-Wash pump-up "AIRosol" bottle is the best atomizing sprayer I`ve ever used.
It`s worth buying DW just for the bottle.

Bill

Ecrissman
12-13-2014, 02:02 PM
I like meguiars D115, for a super clean look.
I use ONR orginal wash and shine or the wash and wax. If I want the vehicle to have that glossy shine.

WaxAddict
12-13-2014, 10:24 PM
The way I see it, rather than getting into minutiae about this one is slicker, etc... based on anecdotal data - the real difference is how much product you use. I think using a lot of WW to soak the panel and the towel makes more difference to prevent marring than any specific brand.

This is a great point, but it should be mentioned that PB`s Spray and Wipe claims that less is more. Apparently your`e not supposed to saturate using S&W. I had some UWW+ and didn`t see what all the fuss was about, but I was using it in quantities I`d typically use with S&W. If I get ahold of more UWW+, I`ll use more.

Fanciers of S&W often talk about it being more "substantial" than some of the others. There`s a correlation with this and the ability to use less product.

Bunky
12-14-2014, 07:21 AM
Spray and Wipe feels different than UWW+. Poorboys does leave a slick surface but with less impact to the gloss of the surface. S&W seems to a different chemistry than the other WW/Rinseless products.

RTexasF
12-14-2014, 04:59 PM
Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe is strictly a cleaner unless you mix some Poorboy`s Spray & Gloss with it (about 30% if I recall). After trying a dozen or more over the last ten years my two favorites are Wet Paint and Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe.

sjb89
12-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Who makes Wet Paint ? I never heard of it.

Ronkh
12-14-2014, 05:26 PM
SW is strictly a cleaner, no gloss agents added. It gives you what you started minus the dirt

sjb89
12-14-2014, 05:27 PM
I just treated my black granite counter tops to a wipe down of Poor Boys Spray and Gloss. Totally Dazzling ! I couldn`t stop there. I had to do the glass cooktop and then the stainless appliances and sink . Next, on to the TV screen.