PDA

View Full Version : Klasse HGSG on my Oakley Ski Goggles?

Onepoint8tee
12-11-2014, 12:53 AM
So here I am during finals week, studying my balls off. Just kidding. Im sitting in front of my computer, notebook opened and unused, thinking of crap like "I wonder if I can use Klasse on my ski goggles."

So there it is. I know Klasse HGSG is safe for plastics and almost every surface, so do you guys think it would be fine for ski goggle lenses? I believe they`re a UV coated plastic. Oakley Splice Snow Replacement Lenses | Official Oakley Store (http://www.oakley.com/en/mens/goggles/goggle-accessories/goggle-accessory-lenses/splice-snow-replacement-lenses/product/W0OO7022R/?skuCode=59-801) I have the high intensity yellow lenses, as I am a night skier.

I`m just thinking three coats could be amazing protection and literally no ice would ever form.

Onepoint8tee
12-13-2014, 01:40 AM
... No one wants to be creative?

XxBoostinxX
12-13-2014, 01:57 AM
I have thought about doing something similar on my Oakley Sunglasses with an aerosol sealant. I honestly don`t see why you couldn`t?

Ronkh
12-13-2014, 08:26 AM
I know people use wax on glasses/goggles so why not sealant.....

tom p.
12-13-2014, 09:11 AM
I applied FK 425 to some sunglasses long ago. I mistakenly applied it to the front and rear surfaces and that was a mistake. It ended up causing some very undesirable reflections in bright sunlight and it was not easy to remove.

I see no reason you couldn`t do this but don`t apply to the inside surface. That would be my recommendation.

Ronkh
12-13-2014, 09:14 AM
I applied FK 425 to some sunglasses long ago. I mistakenly applied it to the front and rear surfaces and that was a mistake. It ended up causing some very undesirable reflections in bright sunlight and it was not easy to remove.

I see no reason you couldn`t do this but don`t apply to the inside surface. That would be my recommendation.

good point

The Driver
12-13-2014, 10:32 AM
You can`t order a new lens? I bought spy`s an the replacements are pretty cheap. the problem with polishing stuff like that is you will most likely remove the UV coating, a lot of that stuff is sprayed on or super thin.

Onepoint8tee
12-13-2014, 11:51 AM

Good call. I was only thinking the front because the inside only deals with fog, and the goggles have vents.

You can`t order a new lens? I bought spy`s an the replacements are pretty cheap. the problem with polishing stuff like that is you will most likely remove the UV coating, a lot of that stuff is sprayed on or super thin.
Theres nothing wrong with the lens! I`m not polishing to remove scratches, I`m sealing to protect. Just sealant.

The Driver
12-13-2014, 11:55 AM
I would leave it then, I`ve put products on many things that are clear an they always seem to smudge more. I used Hydro2 on my phone, it was finger print central. If you wipe your goggles a lot I think this isn`t the best solution.