PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4/Dog Hair

SteaminPete
04-22-2006, 03:37 PM
I need assistance with a problem,I have an Audi A4 with Bulldog hair on the trunk mat and seat backs.

I have tried the glove,tape,lint remover,steamer,and it is like the hair is locked into the carpet material.

Any other ideas?.

Thanks,Pete

CalgaryDetail
04-22-2006, 03:40 PM
i have never used it but i kow megs makes a dog hair remover thing. Its on there web site. Also i know sneek is really into megs so you might want to chek there

Richard M. Lyon
04-30-2006, 08:46 PM
I recently had the same problem. After all the things you tried I ended up with the vacc and a pair of tweezers to finish. It took awhile but I got it all.

joe.p
04-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I recently had the same problem. After all the things you tried I ended up with the vacc and a pair of tweezers to finish. It took awhile but I got it all.
Same here..

TrueDetailer
04-30-2006, 11:07 PM
I use a steel tire brush for dog hair, like the one in this photo.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/truedetailer/steelbrush.jpg

You can also use a nylon brush like this one, but the steel one works better.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/truedetailer/nylonbrush.jpg

CalgaryDetail
05-01-2006, 11:04 AM
so like i posted a couple days ago i detailed a porsche, well the owner loved to put the dog in the trunk and well there was a toon of hair. I tried the whole lint roller, duct tape crap. But what i founf worked amazing was the crevice tool. Put that on and have at her. It may take a while but itlooks amazing after

mtmaher1
05-01-2006, 02:06 PM
isn`t that steel brush a little hard on the carpet / upholstery?

SteaminPete
05-01-2006, 03:41 PM
I wound up using a rubber grooming brush to loosen the hair and a wonder sponge to wipe off.This worked great on the trunk mat because I was able to hang it on my mat hangers,but the seat backs did not turn out as well.The only way I see to get this completely clean is with a pair of tweezers.

hook
05-01-2006, 03:43 PM
I`ve had pretty good luck with one of those "detailing sponges" (sorry, not sure of the brand, but they sell them at Wal-Mart, I think it`s a TW or Meguiar`s product). Orange, slightly "sticky" sponge when dry. The hair sticks pretty well to it and brushes out. Running it under water cleans it off.

It also can make neat patterns in the carpet once you`ve vacuumed.

blue skies,
Andrew

Mr. Clean
05-01-2006, 04:07 PM
I wound up using a rubber grooming brush to loosen the hair and a wonder sponge to wipe off.
You happened upon my tool. We have a Boxer, our personal vehicles have the worse pet hair condition of any vehicle I work on. Not in volume of hair, but hair that is the most difficult to remove. She doesn`t even ride in the vehicles, that often, but she still winds up going every with us. It is the nature of her fur. It almost has a "barb" which attaches itself to everything. I finally found a rubber lint brush which works great. I vac, then brush and vac, brush and vac.

TrueDetailer
05-01-2006, 09:52 PM
isn`t that steel brush a little hard on the carpet / upholstery?

Not at all. You don`t need to dig it into the seats, just use light strokes and you`ll see how well it works.

Woob
05-02-2006, 10:16 AM
http://www.autogeek.net/pet-hair-lint.html

This works very well.

Mikeyc
05-02-2006, 10:19 AM
so like i posted a couple days ago i detailed a porsche, well the owner loved to put the dog in the trunk and well there was a toon of hair. I tried the whole lint roller, duct tape crap. But what i founf worked amazing was the crevice tool. Put that on and have at her. It may take a while but itlooks amazing after
The owner puts the dog in the trunk?!?! That doesn`t sound terribly humane.

CalgaryDetail
05-02-2006, 10:55 AM
The owner puts the dog in the trunk?!?! That doesn`t sound terribly humane.
Its not as bad as it sounds. It is an SUV after all, its the caynne (sp) so its not to bad. She puts the dog in the back and takes it to and off leash.

Beemerboy
05-02-2006, 11:52 AM
I need assistance with a problem,I have an Audi A4 with Bulldog hair on the trunk mat and seat backs.

I have tried the glove,tape,lint remover,steamer,and it is like the hair is locked into the carpet material.

Any other ideas?.

Thanks,Pete

Pete

I have had good success with a shop vac and plastic brush for the carpets in the trunk....use the brush to loosen up and shop vac at the same time....its time consuming but that the only method that I have found that gets the hair loose enough for the vac to pick them up...on the seal belts I have no idea I`ve never encounter hair embed in a belt